Minutes of Management Team Meeting – 23 Nov 2017

Attached -

 2017 11 23 Management Team Minutes.docx  

 


 

 

Dear Team Captains, Club and League Officers, 

Please find attached the minutes of the meetings on 14 September 2017. 

Could you please note the League rule change agreed.  The relevant extract from the minutes is as follows: 

On the table was an amendment to rule 15.3(v);

A player may also play for a team below that for which he or she is registered, up to a maximum of 4 times, provided he or she is ranked (according to the league handicaps) equal to or below the player in the lower team being temporarily replaced.

Proposed by Mick Taylor, seconded by Tony March.

After a short discussion this was unanimously passed. 

Regards,   Mick Taylor

2017 09 14 EGM and Council Mtg Minutes.docx

 


 

Minutes of Management Team Juniors Group Meeting – 28 Aug 2017

Attached -

2017 08 28 Management Team Juniors Group Minutes.docx

 

 


 

Minutes of AGM – 27th April 2017

Minutes attached including proposed calendar for the 2017/18 season -

2017 04 27 AGM Minutes.docx

 

Income & Expenditure - 2016-17.xls

 


 

Minutes of Management Team Meeting – 7.30 pm Wed 30 Nov 2016 at Compton House, Natland

Attached -

2016 11 30 Management Team Minutes.docx

 

 


 

Minutes of the recent Council Meeting 15 Sept 2016  attached below -

2016 09 15 Council Mtg Minutes.docx

 

Agenda for pre season -

Kendal and District Table Tennis League 

Pre Season Council Meeting – 7.30 pm Thurs 15 Sept 2016 at Ibis. 

Agenda 

  1. Apologies

  2. Minutes of Previous Meeting, 10 Sept 2015.

  3. Matters Arising

  4. Chairman’s Report (Tony)

  5. Secretary’s Report (Mick).

  6. Junior Organiser’s Report (Mike S)

  7. Match Secretary’s Report (Martin)

  8. Coaching/Development Officer’s Report (Roger)

  9. ESTTA Officer Report (Matt)

  10. Veterans Organiser Report (John)

  11. Web Site Report (Chris)

  12. Make up of League 2016/17

  13. Dates for Coming Season (see attached for provisional dates)

  14. Ways to increasing participation (start times, friendlies, taster session etc)

  15. AOB

2016 09 15 Pre season Council Agenda.docx

 

KDTTL, Provisional Calendar for Season 2016-17 (Rev A) 

Notes

1.   School holidays are:

  • October half term            24-28 Oct 2016
  • Christmas                            16 Dec – 4 Jan 2017
  • Feb half term                     20 – 24 Feb 2017
  • Easter                                   7 April – 23 April 2017

2.   I have assumed a ten team grid, ie 18 League fixtures in the season.

3.   Dates may change after further discussion.  

2016

Thurs 15 Sept                                     Pre-season Council Meeting

w/c 26 Sept or 3 Oct                        League fixtures begin

w/c 24 October                                 Free week (half term)

w/c 19 and 26 December              Christmas break

2017

w/c 2 Jan                                             Fixtures resume

Sat 7 Jan                                               Junior Tournament

Sun 15 Jan                                           Divisional Shield Finals

w/c 20 Feb                                          Free week (half term)

?                                                              Crook Veterans

w/c 27 Feb                                          1st round KO Cup

w/c 6 March                                       Last week of fixtures

w/c 13 March                                     2nd round KO Cup

Sun 19 March                                     Annual Tournament

Tues 21 March                                   Finals Night

w/c  27 March                                    3rd round KO Cup

w/c  3 April                                          Semi finals, KO Cup

w/c 10 April                                        Free week (Easter holidays)

Wed 19 April                                      KO Cup Final and Presentation

Thurs 27 April                                     AGM


 

Please find attached below some notes from our recent meeting to discuss ways to increase League membership.

2016 08 23 Man Team Dev Group Notes - V2.docx

 


 

 

2016 04 28 AGM Minutes.docx     

 

Draft budget - 2016-17.xls

 

Income and Expend, 2015-16.xls   

 

Kendal and District Table Tennis League

Minutes of AGM – 7.30 pm 28 April 2016 at Natland VH.  

Present – Mick Taylor (Sec), Tony March (Chairman), Norman Philbey, John Wood, Mike Taylor, Martin Wakelin, Keih Mallinson, Bob Gale, Andrew Hudson, Jeff Pimblett, Chris Knowles.

Apologies Bruce Carnaffin, Keith Dymond,  Mike Sunderland, Phil Swift, Bob Bagot, Roger Pimblett. 

1. Minutes of previous AGM

  • Taken as read, accepted and signed by Tony. 

2. Matters arising

  • Last year’s accounts now audited and written report was tabled now. 

3. Chairman’s and Treasurer’s Report (Tony)

  • Deficit this year was £358 (cf budgeted deficit £200).  This less than satisfactory position due to less receipts from coaching than anticipated.  We also had 10% less players in League than last year.

  • Could save money on trophies as many seniors don’t want a keepsake trophy.  Management team to look at this next year. (Action TM)

  • Graham Coupe’s coaching centre in Garstang was discussed and it was agreed to continue supporting.  £500 to be given again this coming year, subject to the four coaching sessions by Graham as this year.  We must push hard to fill these sessions and have three before Christmas and one soon after.  Also if possible have additional coaching sessions with Roger and Martin.  Mick to discuss with Roger. (Action MT, RP)

  • We need a campaign to reverse the present trend and increase League membership.  Mick to set up a meeting during the summer to look at this.(Action MT)

  • Keith suggested we bulk buy tt balls at low cost and sell to clubs, making a small profit.  Mick to investigate.  Chris advised that the best balls by far are Nikkatu 3 star, made in Japan (not China). (Action MT)

  • Jeff suggested we may be able to get a grant from Lakes Leisure.   Tony to investigate. (Action TM)

  • See attached for accounts and budget for next year.  These were accepted.   

4. Secretary’s and Welfare Officer’s Report (Mick)

  • A provisional calendar of events for next season was tabled for discussion (attached).   

  • It was agreed that as last year, all handbook information would be on the web site and a handbook is unnecessary.

  • Plastic balls are to be used exclusively in League and Competition play from Sept 2016.

  • Safeguarding:  Natland have a Welfare Officer and have adopted the TTE Safeguarding Policy and Guidelines document, a link to which is on the 356 website.  Mick recommended all clubs with juniors do the same.  Mick, Roger, Louise and Simon (Natland), Norman (Dallam) and Mike Sunderland (KS) have done courses.  Not sure about Burton, Dent and Grayrigg, Mick to check.  Crook has no juniors so Safeguarding not relevant. (Action MT)    

5. Match and Membership Secretary’s Report (Martin)

  • It has been a good season, with most matches played on time.  One match in the first div, none in the second and three in the third remain unplayed, but these do not affect final placings at top and bottom.

  • The 365 website has been improved and is a useful tool.  It now provides national rankings for all players.  

6.  Junior Secretary’s Report (Norman)

  • Norman asked people to refer to the minutes of the Management Team Meeting, 13 April 2016 for his report.

    Kirkby Stephen Club junior section is expanding and the KDTTL Junior League is likely to be at KS next season, with Mike Sunderland hopefully running it

  • Norman is helping with a tt event at Cartmel School soon, to mark the Rio Olympics. 

7.  ESSTA Report (Norman, in Matt O’Flynn’s absence)

  • Two teams from St Bernard’s (Barrow) and one team from QES (Kirkby Lonsdale) got through to the regional event in Billingham, but made no further progress. 

8. Lancs and Cheshire Veterans League (John Wood)

  • Two teams entered, both in 3rd division.  Kendal first team were bottom in Div 2, Kendal second team equal 4th  in Div 3.  Some difficulties getting players for the away fixtures.  John thanked the League for the financial support.  He is happy to continue as organiser next season. 

9. Press Officer’s Report

  • Position vacant. 

10. Tournament Report (Mick in Bob’s absence)

  • The tournament was a success, well organised by Bob and the entry was similar to last year.  The Finals Night worked well at Natland.

  • Sadly, Bob has now resigned as Tournament Officer. 

11. Coaching and Development Officer’s report

  • Roger was not present.  Please refer to the minutes of the Management Team Meeting, 13 April 2016 for report. 

12. Election of Officers

Officers were elected as follows:

  • President:  Bob Gale.   Vice Presidents:  Charles Usher and Jeff Pimblett.

  • Chairman:  Tony March.

  • Treasurer:  Tony March

  • General Secretary:  Mick Taylor

  • Match and Membership Secretary:  Martin Wakelin

  • Junior Secretary:  Vacant, Mick to speak to Mike Sunderland (Action MT)

  • Tournament Officer and Div Shield Organiser:  Vacant

  • Webmaster:  Chris Knowles

  • Press Officer:  Vacant.  Tony may be able to act as coordinator.

  • Trophy Officer:  Bruce Carnaffin

  • Coaching and Development Officer:  Roger Pimblett 

13. Rule Changes

  • See attached.  These were proposed, seconded and agreed as shown.  Mick to advise Chris who will amend the website. (Action MT) 

14. AOB

  • None

Distribution

Team Captains, Club and League Officials by email.

...................................................................................................................................................................................................

KDTTL, Provisional Calendar for Season 2016-17 

Notes

1.   School holidays are:

  • October half term            24-28 Oct 2016
  • Christmas                            16 Dec – 4 Jan 2017
  • Feb half term                     20 – 24 Feb 2017
  • Easter                                   7 April – 23 April 2017

2.   I have assumed a ten team grid, ie 18 League fixtures in the season.

3.   Dates may change after further discussion.  

2016

Thurs 15 Sept                                     Pre-season Council Meeting

w/c 3 October                                     League fixtures begin

w/c 24 October                                   Free week (half term)

w/c 19 and 26 December                  Christmas break

2017

w/c 2 Jan                                              Fixtures resume

Sat 7 Jan                                               Junior Tournament

Sun 15 Jan                                           Divisional Shield Finals

w/c 20 Feb                                            Free week (half term)

?                                                              Crook Veterans

w/c 27 Feb                                          1st round KO Cup

w/c 6 March                                       Last week of fixtures

w/c 13 March                                     2nd round KO Cup

Sun 19 March                                     Annual Tournament

Tues 21 March                                   Finals Night

w/c  27 March                                    3rd round KO Cup

w/c  3 April                                          Semi finals, KO Cup

w/c 10 April                                        Free week (Easter holidays)

Wed 19 April                                      KO Cup Final and Presentation

Thurs 27 April                                     AGM

...................................................................................................................................................................................................

Kendal and District Table tennis League

Proposed Rule Changes, April 2016 

Annual Tournament

Present Rule 1:  Every entrant must be a member of the Kendal and District Table Tennis League and have paid their League and Club subscriptions in full.

Proposed Rule 1:  Every entrant must be a member of the Kendal and District Table Tennis League,  have paid their League and Club subscriptions in full and have played at least two matches in the League in the current season (subject to the discretion of the Tournament Organiser). 

Present Rule 3:  Matches will be played up to “3 games” or the “best of 5 games” at the discretion of the organisers.  All games will be played to 11 points. 

Proposed Rule 3:  Matches will be played up to “3 games” or the “best of 5 games” at the discretion of the organisers and in accordance with the League or Handicap Competition rules. 

KO Cup

Present Rule 3:  The competition will be played in accordance with the League Rules. Where the handicap difference exceeds 6 points, each game shall be played to the handicap difference plus 5 points.

Proposed Rule 3:  The competition will be played in accordance with the League Rules. Where the handicap difference exceeds 6 points, each game shall be played to the handicap difference plus 5 points.  In all cases, after deuce only one point is required to win the game.

Present Rule 5:  A player may only play  -

i) for one team in the Competition

ii) for a team in the Division in which he is registered, or at the discretion of the Match Secretary.

Proposed Rule 5: A player may only play  -

i) for one team in the Competition

ii) for a team in the Division in which he is registered.

iii) In the event of a genuine emergency (such as a last minute injury and no-one genuinely able to step in) then a player from a lower division will be allowed to play up if permission is given by the Match Secretary.  However, that player must not play with a handicap lower than the lowest handicap given to any player in the higher division.  For example, Player X, a Div 2 player on a handicap of +2, wishes to play up for a Div 1 team.  The lowest handicap for players registered in Div 1 is -1, so player X must adopt this handicap throughout the KO Cup competition. 

Divisional Shield

Present Rule 6:  A team may only play any player who is registered in that Division.

Proposed Rule 6:  A team may only play any player who is registered in that Division.  In the event of a genuine emergency (such as a last minute injury and no-one genuinely able to step in) then a player from a lower division will be allowed to play up if permission is given by the Match Secretary.  However, that player must not play with a handicap lower than the lowest handicap given to any player in the higher division.  For example, Player X, a Div 2 player on a handicap of +2, wishes to play up for a Div 1 team.  The lowest handicap for players registered in Div 1 is -1, so player X must adopt this handicap throughout the Divisional Shield competition.

...................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

 

2015 09 10 Council Mtg Minutes.docx

 

Minutes of Council Meeting – 7.30 pm Thurs 10 Sept 2015  at Ibis, Kendal

Present – Mick Taylor (Sec), Bob Gale (Meeting Chairman), Norman Philbey, Tony March,  Martin Wakelin, Jeff Pimblett, Andrew Hudson, Bryan Rhodes, Mike Taylor, Kevin Hunter, Doug Baxter, Bruce Carnaffin, Roger Pimblett, Phil Swift, Bob Bagot, Mike Sunderland, Gerry Baines. 

Apologies Rin Colombi, Chris Knowles, Keith Dymond, Steve Hawley  

Since there is still no League Chairman and no nominations have been received, Bob Gale was appointed Chairman for this meeting.   

  1. Minutes of Previous Meeting 11 Sept 2014

         1.1 Agreed and Signed

  1. Matters Arising

    2.1  The Sandgate sessions have not happened yet due to insufficient volunteers from the League.  Jeff Pimblett will try and get volunteers. Action JP

    2.2   Mick Taylor apologised that he did not approach any schools etc re joining the League but will do so shortly. Action MT

     

  2. Chairman’s Report (Bob)

    3.1  Nothing to report.

     

  3. Treasurer’s Report  (Tony)

    4.1  The accounts have been audited over the summer by Joyce Tombs

     

  4. Secretary’s Report (Mick)

    5.1  Some team registration forms outstanding.  Please submit asap. 

     

  5. Match Secretary’s Report (Martin)

    6.1  Very few player registration forms have been received, please submit asap.

     

  6. Junior Secretary’s Report (Norman)

    7.1  Norman is organising the junior leagues 4, 5 and 6 again, to be played at Queen Katherine School.  Entry forms were handed out.  The Junior Tournament is organised for Sat 2 Jan 2016 at Burton, details to follow.  Norman to book Burton Hall for this. Action NP

    7.2   Two teams will enter the National Junior League under the “Kendal” banner.   KDTTL is making a financial contribution towards the Junior League fees for these teams.

    7.3  Norman read out a letter he has received from Russell Maddams of Sportivate.  The letter is encouraging us to build links between the League and local schools and send coaches into schools.  Financial help is available.  Bryan Rhodes will contact Russell Maddams. Action BR

     

  7. Coaching Officer’s Report (Roger).

    8.1  Roger reminded the meeting about the two coaching sessions at Natland on 13 and 27 September 2015.  There are still places available and he is disappointed by the response.  Two more sessions are booked  for 2016 (Natland 24 Jan and Burton 13 March).

     

  8. Veterans Officer Report

    9.1  Two teams entered in Lancashire and Cheshire League.  John Wood organising again.

     

  9. ESTTA Report

    10.1   Matt O’Flynn was not present.

     

  10. Website Report

    11.1  Chris Knowles was not present.

     

  11. League make-up, 2014 – 15 (Mick)

    12.1   The first division will have 9 teams (10 last year) as two were relegated but only one promoted.  Burton C, who finished second in Div 2, do not wish to play in the first division as their team is much weakened.   Each team will play 16 games.

    12.2   Division Two will have 9 teams (10 last year).  Dallam D should have been promoted from Div 3 but declined as their team is much weakened.  Each team will play 18 games.

    12.3   That leaves 7 teams in Div 3 as last year.  It was agreed they play each other three times in the season, giving each team 18 games.

    12.4   The League will therefore be as follows:

Division 1 (9 teams):

Ibis, Natland A, Natland B, Crook A, Dalton CC A, Dalton CC B, Dallam A, Burton A, Burton B.  

Division 2 (9 teams):

Natland C, Natland D, Crook B, Dallam B, Dallam C, Burton C, Kirkby Stephen A, Kirkby Stephen B,  Grayrigg A.  

Division 3 (7 teams):

Dallam D, Dallam E, Natland E, Burton D, Dent, Grayrigg B, Crook C.  

13. Dates for 2015-16

13.1     Agreed dates will appear on the website and in the handbook, so are not reproduced here.

 

14. Safeguarding

14.1  After discussion, it was proposed, seconded and carried that the KDTTL adopt the Table Tennis England Safeguarding Policy and Guidelines document .  A link to this will be put on the Kendal 365 website.

14.2   In line with that Policy, Mick Taylor was elected Welfare Officer for the League.

14.3   Clubs are encouraged to also adopt this same TTE Policy.  Mick to contact clubs in a few weeks to check on progress and see if the League should organise a Safeguarding course.  Mike Sunderland offered to organise that if it is needed. Action MT  

 

15. AOB

15.1   The AGM decision on plastic balls was clarified.  League matches etc can use either old celluloid balls or new plastic balls.  In Sept 2016 only plastic balls will be permitted by the League.

15.2   Bob Bagot reported that the Div 2 individual tournament cup has not been returned by Dan Stringer, despite several reminders.  Mike Sunderland will chase. Action MS

15.3   The Handbook will only be issued electronically this season.  Clubs can then print it off themselves.  Fixtures etc are best accessed from the 365 Website.

 

Distribution

                League team captains and club and league officers.     

                365 Website.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Dear Team Captains, Club and League Officials, 

Many of you will be receiving emails from Table Tennis England about now, reminding you to renew your TTE Player Membership, with a fee of £10 for seniors or £5 for juniors.  For the majority of players playing in the KDTTL, the League will renew your membership and pay your fees, so you can ignore the TTE email.  The fee is included in the KDTTL Player Registration fee which your club pays.  The exceptions tend to be:

  • Players registered in other Leagues (eg Barrow) and paying their TTE Player Membership fee via that other League.  You only need to register and pay the TTE fee once.
  • If you prefer to apply and pay direct on the TTE website, you are perfectly at liberty to do that.  Please let KDTTL know through your club secretary and we will reduce the Player Membership fee accordingly.
  • Players playing in two star tournaments or better, who need a TTE Player License.  At £32 for seniors, £16 for juniors, this is more expensive than the normal Player Membership.  Such players must apply and pay on line at the TTE website for their Player License.

Could club secretaries please pass this message on to their members. 

Regards,   Mick Taylor

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear All, 

Please find below the minutes of the recent AGM.  

As you will see from the minutes, we still do not have a Chairman, which puts unreasonable extra work onto other people.  The future of the League is at risk unless we can remedy this situation quickly.  Can you help?   

Regards,    Mick Taylor

2015 04 30 AGM Minutes.docx

Kendal and District Table Tennis League

Minutes of AGM – 7.30 pm 30 April 2015 at Ibis

 

Present – Mick Taylor (Sec), Tony March (Chairman), Phil Swift, Norman Philbey, Matt Neal, Doug Baxter, Bob Bagot, Sam Housego, Kevin Hunter, John Wood, Mike Taylor, Gerry Baines, Chris Horn, Roger Pimblett, Martin Wakelin.

ApologiesBob Gale, Bryan Rhodes, Bruce Carnaffin, Chris Knowles, Keith Dymond, Jeff Pimblett, Rin Colombi, Andrew Hudson, Mike Sunderland.

 

1      Minutes of previous AGM

·         Accepted and signed by Tony.

2      Matters arising

·         Joyce Tombs will be auditor. 

3      Chairman’s Report (Tony)

·         Everything has generally run smoothly this season.  However the number of registered players has been slowly declining over the last few years.  We need a Coaching and Development Officer to address this.

·         Tony tabled the paper on the proposed Regional Training Centre, to be run in Garstang by Graham Coupe (see attached below).  This was summarised and discussed.

·         The meeting agreed with a large majority to support the venture with a grant of £500 for the first year, to be reviewed after that year.

·         Tony stated that we need now to organise four coaching sessions to be run by Graham, probably at Natland, probably two pre-season, two post season.  Mick Taylor and Roger Pimblett to do this.  ACTION : MT/RP

4      Secretary’s Report (Mick)

·         A provisional calendar of events for next season was tabled (attached below).  Mick explained this was for discussion only as various factors could influence the calendar. 

·         The handbook was discussed and it was agreed to issue the handbook information as last year, plus rules of the handicap cup competitions, but all electronically.

·         The new plastic balls were discussed.  It was agreed to use only plastic balls in all KDTTL play from September 2016.  This gives clubs one more year to prepare.

·         Mick thanked Tony for his excellent work as Chairman over the last six years.

5       Treasurers Report (Tony)

·         The draft accounts were presented (see attached).  Expenditure exceeded income by £678 and at the end of the season we have £2510 in hand.  Much of the deficit is due to coaching costs.

·         We have been running a deficit for the last four years, varying between £220 and £678.  Predicted deficit next year without a fee increase is £125 (see attached below).

·         Money could be saved by recycling trophies, buying engraved medals or wine/chocolate rather than trophies for adults and asking for donations for food at Finals Night.

·         Nevertheless Tony recommended a modest rise in fees.  This was approved (see attached Draft Budget for details below).

·         TTE fees will remain unchanged next season (adults £10).

·         The accounts were approved, subject to audit. ACTION : TM

6      Match and Membership Secretary’s Report (Martin)

·         It has been a good season, with most matches played on time.

·         The 365 website has been improved and is a useful tool.

·         Martin asked all players to check their personal details on the 365 website.

7      Junior Secretary’s Report (Norman)

·         Divs 4 and 5 had been run at QK by Norman, helped by Mick.  Often absentees, which involved last minute improvisations.  Norman wonders whether playing home and away fixtures would be an idea or playing divisions at smaller centres as this would be less costly. 

·         The junior tournament had a good entry (25 approx) and it went well. Good help from Carol Catnach.  Next year Sat 2 Jan 2016.

·          Local teams (primary schools and years 7/8) entered the Bay League, which was four Saturdays, two at Dallam, two at Morecambe.  Kirkby Kendal, Dallam and QES were all in the top six.

8      ESSTA Report (Norman, in Matt O’Flynn’s absence)

·         Individuals:  James Neal won both U16 and U19 at Cumbria County Championships.  Several others played in U16, U13 and U11.

·         Teams:  U13, QES 2nd at Barrow, then played at Billingham. U16, QKS won at Barrow, then played at Billingham.  Dallam also played at Barrow.

9      Lancs and Cheshire Veterans League (John Wood)

·         Two teams entered, both in 3rd division.  Kendal first team were 2nd, Kendal second team 4th.  John thanked the League for the financial support.  He is happy to continue as organiser next season.

10    Press Officer’s Report

·         Mark Ashburn was not present.  Tony thanked him for his hard work, the reports are always good.

11    Tournament Report (Bob)

·         The tournament was a success and the entry was good.  The disappointment was the number of ladies entering.

·         Bob was pleased with Finals Night and the attendance there.

·         He is happy to continue in his present role organising the Tournament, Finals Night and the Divisional Shield Finals in January. 

12    Election of Officers

Officers were elected as follows:

·         President:  Bob Gale.   Vice Presidents:  Charles Usher and Jeff Pimblett.

·         Chairman:  Vacant, sadly no nominations received.  Chairman needed asap.

·         Treasurer:  Tony March

·         General Secretary:  Mick Taylor

·         Match and Membership Secretary:  Martin Wakelin

·         Junior Secretary:  Norman Philbey

·         Tournament Officer and Div Shield Organiser:  Bob Bagot

·         Webmaster:  Chris Knowles

·         Press Officer:  Mark Ashburn

·         Trophy Officer:  Bruce Carnaffin

·         Coaching and Development Officer:  Roger Pimblett

13    AOB

·         Tony presented the Maurice Goldstein Award to Norman Philbey.  This is an award made by TTE for long and outstanding service at local league level.  Tony outlined the tremendous work done by Norman for KDTTL and Dallam TTC over the last 20 years.  All agreed the award was well earned and congratulated Norman.

Distribution

Team Captains, Club and League Officials

 

Information from the AGM - Regional training centre, Proposed 15/16 calendar, Draft accounts and Draft budget attached to download below -

2015 04 30 AGM Additional information.docx

 

 

2015 04 30 AGM Agenda.docx

Dear Team Captains, Club and League Officials, 

The League AGM will take place on Thursday 30 April 2015 at Ibis Sports and Social Club, starting at 8.00 pm.   

Please note this time, which is later than usual as the Ibis room is busy until then.  The Agenda is as below (and attached).  

Kendal and District Table Tennis League

Annual General Meeting, Thurs 30 April 2015 at 8.00 pm, Ibis Social Club, Kendal

Agenda

1              Apologies

2              Minutes of previous AGM, 1 May 2014

3              Matters arising

4              Chairman’s report

5              Secretary’s report

6              Treasurer’s report

7              Match and Membership  Secretary’s report

8              Junior Secretary’s report

9              Development and Coaching, incl coaching at Garstang

10           ESTTA report

11           Lancashire and Cheshire Veterans League report

12           Press Officer’s report

13           Tournament Report

14           Election of Officers, incl election of new Chairman

 

All members of the League are invited to attend, so could Club Secretaries forward this email to their club members. 

Two important things on the agenda are:

  • Discussion about the coaching at Garstang and our possible contribution of £500 (see comments in section below) 
  • Election of a new Chairman.  As yet we have no volunteers for this post, so please could you think carefully about whether you could take on this role and let me know.  We cannot operate without a Chairman.

Whilst writing, could I remind you all about the following: 

KO Cup Final, Wed 22 April, 6.30 to 9.30 pm

Followed by Presentation of Trophies for League and Cup Competitions

Burton Memorial Hall. All welcome. 

Regards,   Mick Taylor

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments on possible proposed coaching by Graham Coupe:

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to answer some of your queries, hope the answers below help, any other questions please don't hesitate to ask

Graham Coupe 

1.       Quite a few members are keen that adults, not just juniors, get coaching/training opportunities, as they have in the past. How long would the 4 weekend coaching days be, how many sessions within the day and could at least one of them be dedicated to adults?

Happy to do an adult session at each of the 4 training days as well as a junior session, could do something like 10-00 till 1-00 for the juniors and then 1-30 till 4-00 for the adults, happy to split that even further if required into 3 two hour sessions, whatever works is fine with me.

2.       Would the groups at the RTC be graded according to ability & how would the talent pathway work in practice?

Yes the groups are split according to ability and to a small degree age, there are two squads that train on a Tuesday, No.1 and No.2 squads, No.3 squad will train on a Wednesday and this is where most of the new players to the Centre will start out, if they improve they will then be asked to move up to No.2 squad and then up to No.1 squad. All the training sessions for these players will be two hours long. As well as these 3 squads there will be an additional 4 groups of primary school players who will all train 1 hour per week, all the primary school groups will be of a similar standard, if the players in these 4 groups improve they may be asked to move up to the No.3 squad.

3.       What would the cost be for those who were involved in regional training at the RTC (Regional Training Centre)?

Two hour sessions are £5 per session, 1 hour sessions (for primary school children) are £4 per session, the higher cost is due to the fact that we only envisage a maximum of 3 children per coach in the 1 hour sessions, in the two hour sessions it's a maximum of 7 players per coach.

4.       How do you see talented attendees at the RTC still being involved in competitive league table tennis?

We would encourage all the players at the Regional Training Centre to either start playing local league or continue playing, and to continue to attend training sessions at their own clubs, training two times per week and having one match night per week is an ideal amount of table time for the players to show rapid improvement.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Kendal and District Table Tennis League 

Minutes of Council Meeting – 7.30 pm Thurs 11 Sept 2014 at Ibis, Kendal  

 

Present – Mick Taylor (Sec), Norman Philbey (Meeting Chairman), Martin Wakelin, Andrew Hudson, Bryan Rhodes, Mike Taylor, Kevin Hunter, Doug Baxter, Chris Horn, Andrew Leach, Bruce Carnaffin. 

ApologiesBob Gale, Phil Swift, Tony March, Rin Colombi, Chris Knowles. 

1.      Minutes of Previous Meeting 12  Sept 2013

1.1    Agreed and signed. 

2.      Matters Arising

2.1  Jeff Pimblett not present so Mick spoke to  him after the meeting re progress at Sandgate.  Jeff is continuing to chase, but no  progress as yet. 

3.      Chairman’s and Treasurer’s Report  (Tony)

3.1  Tony was not present but submitted the  following written report.

3.2  Net assets stand at £3158 at 31/3/14.  We ran a small deficit last year but it  will be greater this year, perhaps approx. £750, due to the coaching at the end of last season.  Hence the recommendation at the AGM that we hold the League fees but pass on the increase in individual TTE registration fees. This is an increase of £2 per senior (£8 to £10) and £1 per junior (£4 to £5).  This was approved by the meeting.

3.3  The League will not be adopting the new plastic balls until next season at the earliest. This means they cannot be used for matches this season.

3.4  This season will be my 6th as Chairman. Unfortunately I have neither the time nor energy I had six years ago,
  so this will be my last as Chairman. Someone else will need to pick up the reins at the next AGM.  I am prepared to continue as Treasurer for a further year in order to allow a smooth transition.  I would like to thank everyone for their support during my period as Chairman. 

4.      Secretary’s Report (Mick)

4.1  Sandra Deaton is now Chairwoman of Table Tennis England (formerly ETTA). 

4.2  Clubs that work with children or vulnerable adults ideally should have a Safeguarding Policy and also a Welfare
  Officer.  The latter would act as a first point of contact for any person with concerns about inappropriate behaviour, bullying etc.  Mick is investigating further and will report asap.  

5.      Match Secretary’s Report  (Martin)

5.1  The 365 website has been much improved.  This year’s fixtures will be added very soon. 

6.      Junior Secretary’s Report  (Norman)

6.1  Norman is organising the junior leagues again, to be played at Queen Katherine School.  Entry forms were handed out.  The Junior Tournament is organised for Sat 3  Jan 2015 at Burton, details to follow.

6.2   Three teams will enter the National Junior League under the “Kendal” banner.  This league runs on four Saturdays, at Garstang. KDTTL is making a contribution of £100 towards the Junior League fees for these teams. 

7.      Coaching Officer’s Report.

7.1  The position is still vacant.  Martin reported that the coaching at the end of last season was well run and much enjoyed.  However numbers were often low, hence the financial loss incurred.  It was agreed we need to insist people pay up front for all sessions.  

8.      Veterans Officer Report8.1  Two teams entered in Lancashire and Cheshire League.  John Wood organising again. 

9.      ESTTA Report

9.1  Matt O’Flynn was not present. 

10.    League make-up, 2014 – 15  (Mick)

10.1   The first division will have 10 teams (11 last year) as two were relegated but only one promoted.  Crook B, who finished second in Div 2, do not wish to play in the first division as their team is much weakened.  Consequently no play-off is required.  Each team will play 18 games.

10.2   If the play-off happens between Div 2 and 3 (ie between Burton C and Grayrigg A), then Div 2 would have 9 teams (10 last year).  However after discussion it was agreed to omit the play-off, retain Burton C in Div 2 and promote Grayrigg A, making 10 teams in Div 2.  Each team will play 18 games.

10.3   That leaves 7 teams in Div 3 (8 last year).  It was agreed they play each other three times in the season, giving each team 18 games.

10.4   It was agreed that we revert to 2 up 2 down at the end of this season. However, Bryan suggested we retain the option of play-offs in the future to resolve any difficulties. 

10.5   The League will therefore be as follows: 

Division 1 (10 teams): Ibis, Natland A,  Natland B, Crook A, Dalton CC A, Dalton CC B, Dallam A, Burton A, Burton B,
  Kirkby Stephen A. 

Division 2 (10 teams): Natland C, Natland  D, Crook B, Dallam B, Dallam C, Burton C, Burton D, Kirkby Stephen B, Kirkby  Stephen C, Grayrigg A. 

Division 3 (7 teams): Dallam D, Dallam E,  Natland E, Burton E, Dent, Grayrigg B, Crook C. 

11.    Dates for 2014-15

11.1   These were discussed at the meeting and later outside the meeting.  Agreed dates will appear on the website and in the handbook, so are not reproduced here. 

12.    AOB

12.1   Bat rubbers:  Eric Robinson’s two bats have been independently checked by Bill Thornton. One is legal and the other not  Eric has agreed not to use the illegal one.  

12.2   Kevin reported a lot of keen juniors at Grayrigg .  He is struggling to cope and appealed for assistance.  Martin
  offered to help and Mick will ask Roger Pimblett if he would coach at Grayrigg occasionally.

12.3   We need new teams entering the League at the bottom to improve the health of the League and particularly Div 3.  Next year Mick to approach the schools, Brigsteer (who have several active players), Arnside etc. 

Distribution                League  team captains and club and league officers.  
  365 Website.

 

 

Action

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JP

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

NP

 

 

 

BR

 

 

 

 

 

 

        


 

 

 

Download the AGM minutes including proposed 2014-2015 season provisional dates and draft accounts here - 

2014 05 01 AGM.doc

 

 

 

 

Dear team captains, club and league officials,

 

Please find attached the minutes of the 2013 - 14 season AGM.  This includes provisional dates for the coming season.

 

Regards,   Mick Taylor


Kendal and District Table Tennis League

 

Minutes of AGM – 7.30 pm 1 May 2014 at Ibis

 

 

Present – Mick Taylor (Sec), Tony March (Chairman), Phil Swift, Norman Philbey,  Matt Neal, Doug Baxter

ApologiesBob Gale, Bryan Rhodes, Bruce Carnaffin, Chris Knowles, Bob Bagot,  Keith Dymond, Martin Wakelin

 

1     
 
Minutes of previous AGM

Accepted and signed  by Tony.

 

2     
 
Matters arising

The thinking behind  delaying the play-offs to the start of next season was queried and  discussed. 

Some players are  still using illegal bat rubbers, which gives an unfair advantage.  Agreed MT should write a letter to those
  concerned.

 

3     
 
Chairman’s Report (Tony)

The tournament had  a much better entry this year, up from 94 to 151 event entries.  The advertising paid dividends.

The first division  was closely fought and very exciting, with Natland A worthy winners.

Tony thanked all  helpers, including Mick, Norman, Bob, Martin and Chris, for their hard work.

Bryan Rhodes is  resigning as Coaching and Development Officer.  This is a very important role and we need  someone to take his place asap.  At  present there is no one to do that.

 

4     
 
Secretary’s Report (Mick)

A provisional  calendar of events for next season was tabled (see attached).  Mick explained this was for discussion only  as various factors, not least the number of teams next year, could influence  the calendar.  Phil asked if the Crook  Veterans Tournament could be added. 
  Tony suggested the Finals Night could be Thursday, to avoid football  on TV.  MT to also check Mother’s Day.

Sandra Deaton is now  ETTA Chairman, with Suzie Hughes seeking nomination for Deputy Chairman.

All said they were  happy with the slimmed down handbook which is only given to team captains.

It is likely that  the ETTA will raise fees for individual ETTA membership from £8 to £10 (50%  of that for juniors).  This was  discussed with varying views.  Agreed  to wait and listen to the arguments / proposals from the ETTA before deciding  how to vote on the matter.

Coaching started at  Burton yesterday.  Junior numbers good  but only 3 seniors.  Agreed to monitor,  but inclined to let the seniors continue, despite the loss of revenue.

 

5     
 
 Treasurers Report (Tony)

The draft accounts  were presented (see attached). 
  Expenditure exceeded income by £244 and at the end of the season we  have £3157 in hand.  This deficit will  rise next year because of the coaching course presently running, which may be  subsidised by around £450. Trophy cost is £973, which is high.  After discussion, it was agreed to save  some money by buying  engraved medals  rather than trophies for adult runners up. 
  Junior runners up and all winners to continue to get trophies.

Tony recommended  that fees next season should remain unchanged, except that any ETTA increase  should be passed on.

The accounts were  approved, subject to finalising and audit.

 

6     
 
Match and Membership
  Secretary’s Report

Martin Wakelin’s  report was read out.  We have 107 adult  league members and 43 juniors.  Most  fixtures played on time, albeit some with only two players.  More cards are coming in electronically, which  means results are updated more quickly. 
  Thanks to all who have sent in cards promptly.  The new format of the 365 website is much  improved.  Martin is happy to continue  in both his roles.

The website was  discussed.  It was agreed MT should ask  Martin to check the accuracy of the “check availability” function.

 

7     
 
Junior Secretary’s Report
  (Norman)

Three junior  divisions had been run at QKS by Norman, with a good standard  throughout.  The junior tournament  entry this year was up and went well. 
  Local teams entered the Bay League, which was well attended and  created much interest.  The need for a  progression for the better QKS players (eg the Chan brothers) was  discussed.  Matt will speak to Melissa  Booth (head of games at QKS) and suggest players could join clubs like  Natland, Dallam or Burton. 

 

8     
 
ESSTA Report (Norman, in Matt
  O’Flynn’s absence)

Five local teams  have taken part (Storth and Natland in U11, Dallam and QKS in U13 and QES in  U19).  QES got through to the second
  round and qualified for the third round in Lincoln.  Sadly they were unable to take part because  of the travel difficulties.  Several  juniors took part in the Cumbria Schools Individual Championships, with Archie  Catnach reaching the semi finals of the U11 and James Neal winner in the U16  and r/u in the U13.  Some then  progressed to the National Championships, but found it hard going.

 

9     
 
Lancs and Cheshire Veterans
  League (Phil, in the absence of John Wood)

Two teams entered,  one in second and one in third division.   Final positions not known.

 

10   
 
Press Officer’s Report

Mark Ashburn was  not present.

 

11   
 
Tournament Report

Bob Bagot’s report  was read out.  The tournament was a  success and the entry was overall much improved.  The disappointments were Band 2 and the  number of ladies entering.  We must not  relax our efforts over publicity, which worked well this year.  Bob was pleased with Finals Night and the  attendance there.  He is happy to  continue in his role organising the Tournament and the Divisional Shield
  Finals in January.  He is also happy to  organise trophies for the Tournament but not for other events.

 

12   
 
Election of Officers

All officers were  re-elected en block except for the position of Coaching and Development  Officer which is vacant following the resignation of Bryan Rhodes.

 

13   
 
AOB

None

 

Distribution

Team Captains, Club  and League Officials

 

 

Action

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

MT

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

MT

MT

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TM

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

MT

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

Dear Team Captains, Club and League Officials,

 

Please find below the minutes ofthe recent Managemant Team Meeting.

 

Please note item 2.  If you find that under the "playing up rule" (Rule 15.3) one of your players has played up 5 times and becomes automatically re-registered for a team that is clearly unsuitable for that player, then you can appeal against that situation to the League General Secretary (me), under Rule 15.3 (iv), giving your reasons and the team you would like the player to be re-registered for.  That apeal will then be considered by the Management Team.

 

Regards, 

 

Mick Taylor,  League Secretary


Kendal and District Table Tennis League

 

Minutes of Management Team Meeting – 7.00 pm 20 Dec 2013 at Norman’s
House

 

 

Present – Mick Taylor (Sec), Tony March (Chairman), Martin Wakelin, Bob Gale,  Jeff Pimblett, Norman Philbey.

 

ApologiesBruce Carnaffin, Chris Knowles, Bryan Rhodes, Matt O’Flynn, Bob Bagot

 

1.      Unplayed Matches

1.1    No real problems

 

2.      Playing up Rule

2.1  Bryan Rhodes had raised an issue .  Under the rules, a player playing up more  than 4 times must be re-registered for the highest  team played for.  This could be unfair if say a third  division player normally played up for a second division side but on one occasion had helped out a first division side.  He would then be stuck in that first division team.   

2.2  This was discussed and the rules consulted.  The situation could be dealt with under rule 15.3 (iv) which permits a player to be re-registered in another team, subject to Competitions Committee approval. Thus no rule change was necessary, except to propose at the AGM
changing  “Competition Committee”  to “Management Committee” in 15.3.  Mick to write to clubs to advise of situation.

2.3  During the discussion, an apparent error was noted.  Rule 11 refers to Rule 15.5 and this should read 15.3.  This to be rectified at the AGM.

 

3.      Junior Tournament, 3 Jan 2014,  10.00 am, Burton

3.1  Norman is running this and reported a good entry, about 30 players. 

3.2  Norman and Martin will decide handicaps on  the day.

3.3  Helpers should arrive at 9.00 am please. 

 

4.      Handicap Committee

4.1  Decided to use Mick, Tony, Martin, Norman and co-opt Graham Wheelhouse as the Committee.  Each division would then be represented.  Mick to set up the meeting for early Jan.

 

5.      Divisional Shield Finals, Sun  12 Jan, 9.00 am, Dallam School

5.1  Bob Bagot is organising on the day.  Norman will bring pens, score sheets, table  numbers, balls etc.

5.2  Mick to bring two nets, ring Dallam to make  sure all is ready, remind teams by email of the event and ask them to confirm  attendance and teams.

 

6.      Annual Tournament, Sun 23  March, Dallam School

6.1  Bob Bagot is organising.  The event needs good marketing.  Tony will ask Chris Knowles if he could send a letter to every player in the League say mid February to remind and  encourage them.

 

7.      Coaching

7.1  Martin will speak to Roger Pimblett to see if Martin, Roger and perhaps others could run some coaching sessions soon after
  the end of the season, perhaps at Natland or Burton.

 

8.      Sandgate School

8.1  Jeff will liaise with the school in Jan and  report further then.

 

9.      Website

9.1  The press reports are done by Mark Ashburn  but have not been appearing on the website.   Mick to speak to Mark.

 

10.    Schools Table Tennis

10.1  Matt O’Flynn had reported by email as  follows:

 

We had a number of entries from Kendal area in the Cumbria  Schools' Team Finals - Queen Katherine and Dallam under 13 boys, Storth and  St Mark's Natland in the Under 11 boys and Queen Elizabeth at under 19 boys.  QEKL will go through to Zone Finals at Billingham 19 Jan.

It looks as though the Cumbria Individual event will be on  Sunday 16th Feb at Kirkby Stephen.

 

Distribution

  League,  team captains and club and league officers.     

  365  Website.

 

 

Action

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

MT

 

 

MT

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

MT

 

 

NP

MT

 

 

 

TM

 

 

 

MW

 

 

 

JP

 

 

 

MT

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

Minutes of Council Meeting – 7.30 pm Thurs 12 Sept 2013 at Ibis, Kendal

 

Present – Mick Taylor (Sec), Tony March (Chairman), Keith Dymond, Bryan Rhodes, Norman Philbey, Jeff Pimblett, Mike Taylor, Kevin Hunter, Doug Baxter, Mike Sunderland, Pete George, Chris Knowles, Ben Smith, Steve Hawley

ApologiesBruce Carnaffin, Keith Mallinson, Martin Wakelin, Bob Gale, Phil Swift

  1. Minutes of Previous Meeting 13 Sept 2012
    1. Agreed and signed.

 

  1. Matters Arising

2.1  365 Website now being improved, please use as much as possible.  Pictures can be included, please send to Chris Knowles.  Rules now on.
2.2  It was confirmed that the unspent £300 Sport England grant does not need to be repaid.
2.3  Bruce Carnaffin now Trophy Officer.
2.4  Tony reminded captains to check that their players rubbers are legal.
2.5  Jeff Pimblett reported that he is trying to arrange a taster session for the kids at Sandgate School.  Mike Sunderland will pass details to Jeff of an event that took place in Penrith for disabled kids.

  1. Chairman’s Report

3.1  Tony drew everyone’s attention to the postponement rules.  They seem to have helped last season, there were less postponement problems.
3.2  Mick Taylor is now General Secretary.
3.3  The ETTA fees are now up from £6 to £8 per senior player and are likely to continue to rise by £2 per year for a few years.  An increase in League Fees of £2 to compensate for this year’s rise was agreed.
3.4  Martin Wakelin has requested that as many score cards as possible be scanned and emailed to him.

  1. Secretary’s Report (Make up of League for 2013 – 14)

4.1  Mick reported on team entries. 
4.2  The first division will have 11 teams.
4.3  The second division will have 10 teams.  Crook C who won Div 3 have asked to remain in Div 3 and this was agreed.
4.4  The third division will have 8 teams.  There was discussion about whether to play each other team two or three times and a vote was taken by representatives of all the third division teams.  It was carried that teams play each other three times.  Bryan Rhodes may be able to raise another third division Burton team, making 9, so a final decision on the makeup was deferred until he had checked this.  (On 13 Sept Brian confirmed he could not raise another team).

  1. Arrangements for Promotion and Relegation at end of 2013 – 2014 Season

5.1  In view of the above league structure, Norman presented his suggestions for equalising the numbers of teams in each division.  These are attached and were approved by those present.

  1. Junior Secretary’s Report

5.1  Norman is organising the junior leagues again, to be played at Queen Katherine School.  Entry forms were handed out.  The Junior Tournament is organised for 3 Jan 2004, 10.00 to 15.00, Burton, details to follow.

  1. Coaching Officer’s Report.

6.1  Bryan reported that coaching sessions had been organised last season, but no top players attended.  Various ideas were discussed, perhaps using the leagues own coaches.  Bryan to consider.

  1. Veterans Officer Report

7.1  Two teams entered in Lancs and Cheshire League.  John Wood organising again.

  1. Dates for Coming Season.

8.1  These are on the web site, so no need to repeat here.

  1. Any Other Business

None.

Distribution
League team captains and club and league officers.     
365 Website.

 

Action

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JP

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

NP

 

BR

 

 

 

    KDTTL EQUALISATION OF DIVISIONS FOR SEASON 2014-2015

This season it looks as if we have 11 teams in Division 1
10 teams in division  2
8 teams in Division 3

 In order to get 3 divisions with a maximum of 10 per division for 2014-2015 we need to agree on promotion and relegation between the divisions as follows:-

 

DIVISION  1                                DIVISION  2                               DIVISION  3

Team finishes in position

1                                                  1 promoted                               1 promoted
2                                                  2 play-off v Div 1 9th team      2 play-off v Div 2 8th
3                                                  3                                                 3
4                                                  4                                                 4
5                                                  5                                                 5
6                                                  6                                                 6
7                                                  7                                                 7
8                                                  8  play-off v. Div 3  2nd team   8                                  
9 play-off v. Div 2  2nd team     9  relegated
10 relegated                               10 relegated
11 relegated

 

Last Updated:
Share This Page