Divisional Shield Draw 2018
All groups 'finals' matches to be played at Dallam Sports Hall on Sunday 14th January, be there at 9am to 3pm approx.
Group round robin, followed by semi finals, final and playoffs for 3/4 place and 5/6 place.
Natland A, Burton A, Dalton B
Crook A, Dallam A, Natland B
Group round robin, followed by semi final, final and 3/4 playoff.
Burton C, Kirkby Stephen A, Crook B, Burton B
Burton D, Dallam B, Natland C, Natland D
Group round robin, final and 3/4 playoff
Group 1 (one group only)
Crook C, Dallam C, Kirkby Stephen B, Natland E
Please note this is a handicapped competition with teams of 2 players. Rules as below. On the day it will be knocking up 9.00 to 9.30am, with play starting at 9.30.
Rules for Divisional Shield Competition
1. The entry shall be £4 per team.
2. In the 1st Round, the first named team is the home team.
3. 8 teams compete in 2 groups of 4, with the group winners meeting in the Final.
4. Each team consists of 2 players, who may be changed each match.
5. A player may only represent one team in the Competition
6. A team may only play any player who is registered in that Division. In the event of a genuine emergency (such as a last minute injury and no-one genuinely able to step in) then a player from a lower division will be allowed to play up if permission is given by the Match Secretary. However, that player must not play with a handicap lower than the lowest handicap given to any player in the higher division. For example, Player X, a Div 2 player on a handicap of +2, wishes to play up for a Div 1 team. The lowest handicap for players registered in Div 1 is -1, so player X must adopt this handicap throughout the Divisional Shield competition.
7. The Competition shall be played in accordance with League Rules, except : - i) only 3 games are played in each set, not best of 5 ii) all games are played to 11, no deuce.
8. Each tie consists of 5 sets :- A v X, B v Y, A v Y, B v X plus 1 doubles
9. The handicap for each match shall be determined as follows. Before the match starts, the handicaps for both players in each team are totalled separately, and the small total taken from the larger. The result is then multiplied by 7 ½ and this total is added to the final points score of the weaker team.
10. The Handicaps for individuals shall be decided by the Handicap Committee.
11. The scores for each game are entered on a special score sheet and the points totalled at the end of the 5 sets. The team with the most points is the winning team. If teams finish level on points :-
i)In the 1st Round, the away team, will be declared the winners.
ii)In the group of 4 teams, in the event of 2 teams winning an equal number of matches, the winners of the head to head match shall be declared the winners.
iii)In the event of 3 teams winning an equal number of matches, the team with the highest points difference shall be declared the winner.
iv)In the final, if the teams finish level on points, the winners shall be those who won most of the 15 games played.