NEWTON ABBOT TABLE TENNIS CLUB
The club will be called NEWTON ABBOT TABLE TENNIS CLUB and will be affiliated to the English Table Tennis Association.
2. AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aims and objectives of the club will be:
- To offer coaching and competitive opportunities in Table Tennis.
- To promote the club within the local community and Table Tennis.
- To manage table tennis sessions at venues hired for that purpose
- To ensure a duty of care to all members of the club.
- To provide all its services in a way that is fair to everyone.
To ensure all present and future members receive fair and equal treatment. Membership should consist of officers and members of the club. All members will be subject to the regulations of the constitution and by joining the club will be deemed to accept these regulations and codes of practice that the club has adopted.
Members will be enrolled in one of the following categories:
- Full member.
- Junior member.
- Life member.
4. MEMBERSHIP FEES
Membership fees will be set annually and agreed by the Executive/Management Committee or determined at the Annual General Meeting.
Fees will be paid annually
5. OFFICERS OF THE CLUB
The officers of the club will be:
- Honorary Secretary
- Volunteer Coordinator.
Officers will be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting.
All officers will retire each year but will be eligible for re-appointment.
The club will be managed through the Management Committee consisting of:
- Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Volunteer Coordinator & no less than 4 & no more than 8 other committee members. Only these posts will have the right to vote at meetings of the Management Committee.
- The Management Committee meetings will be convened by the Secretary of the club and held no less than two times per year.
- The quorum required for business to be agreed at Management Committee meetings will be: Five
- The Management Committee will be responsible for adopting new policy, codes of practice and rules that affect the organisation of the club.
- The Management Committee will have powers to appoint subcommittees as necessary and appoint advisers to the Management Committee as necessary to fulfil its business
- The Management Committee will be responsible for disciplinary hearings of members who infringe the club rules/regulations/constitution. The Management Committee will be responsible for taking any action of suspension or discipline following such hearings.
All club monies will be banked in an account held in the name of the club.
The Club Secretary / Treasurer will be responsible for the finances of the club.
The financial year of the club will end on: 31st August
A statement of annual accounts will be presented by the Treasurer at the Annual General Meeting.
Any cheques drawn against club funds should hold the signatures of the Treasurer plus up to two other officers.
8. ANNUAL GENERAL MEETINGS
Notice of Annual General Meetings (AGM) will be given by the Club Secretary. Not less than 21 clear days notice to be given to all members.
The AGM will receive a report from officers of the Management Committee and a statement of the audited accounts.
Nominations for officers of the Management Committee will be sent to the Secretary prior to the AGM.
Elections of officers are to take place at the AGM.
All members have the right to vote at the AGM.
The quorum for AGMs will be 20% of the membership of the club
The Management Committee has the right to call Extraordinary General Meetings (EGMs) outside the AGM. Procedures for EGMs will be the same as for the AGM.
9. DISCIPLINE AND APPEALS
All concerns, allegations or reports of poor practice/abuse relating to the welfare of children and young people will be recorded and responded to swiftly and appropriately in accordance with the club’s child protection policy and procedures. The club Welfare Officer is the lead contact for all members in the event of any child protection concerns.
All complaints regarding the behaviour of members should be presented and submitted in writing to the Secretary.
The Management Committee will meet to hear complaints within 21 days of a complaint being lodged. The committee has the power to take appropriate disciplinary action including the termination of membership.
The outcome of a disciplinary hearing should be notified in writing to the person who lodged the complaint and the member against whom the complaint was made within 7 days of the hearing.
There will be the right of appeal to the Management Committee following disciplinary action being announced. The committee should consider the appeal within 21 days of the Secretary receiving the appeal.
A resolution to dissolve the club can only be passed at an AGM or EGM through a majority vote of the membership.
In the event of dissolution, any assets of the club that remain will become the property of the English Table Tennis Association OR SOME OTHER CLUB WITH SIMILAR OBJECTIVES TO THOSE OF THE CLUB.
11. AMENDMENTS TO THE CONSTITUTION
The constitution will only be changed through agreement by majority vote at an AGM or EGM.
NAME OF CLUB hereby adopts and accepts this constitution as a current operating guide regulating the actions of members.
Signed: Date: 10th December 2013
Name: Dennis Gibbs
Position: Club Chair
Signed: Date: 10th December 2013
Name: Tony Halse
Position: Club Secretary