Guidelines for dealing with an incident / accident
NEWTON ABBOT TABLE TENNIS CLUB
- Stay calm but act swiftly and observe the situation. Is there danger of further injuries?
- Listen to what the injured person is saying.
- Alert the first-aider who should take appropriate action for minor injuries.
- In the event of an injury requiring specialist treatment, call the emergency services.
- Deal with the rest of the group and ensure that they are adequately supervised.
- Do not move someone with major injuries. Wait for the emergency medics.
- Contact the injured person's parent/carer.
- Complete an incident/accident report form.
- Complete any hire facility Accident Report books if necessary.
Guidelines for dealing with incident / accident - Adopted in Club Committee Meeting minutes
Signed: Dennis Gibbs Club Chairman Dated: 10th December 2013