Code of conduct for members
NEWTON ABBOT TABLE TENNIS CLUB
Newton Abbot Table Tennis Club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all its members, ensuring a positive and enjoyable experience for all. The club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with Dennis Gibbs, Welfare Officer & Chairman.
As a member of Newton Abbot Table Tennis Club, you are expected to abide by the following code of practice:
- Members must take responsibility in ensuring they are up to date with the rules, understand and adhere to them.
- Members must play within the rules and respect officials and their decisions.
- Members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of age, gender, ability, race, cultural background, religious beliefs or sexual identity.
- Members should recognise the valuable contribution made by coaches and officials who are volunteers. They give their time and resources to provide table tennis for you.
- Members must respect officials and publicly accept their decisions.
- Members should be a positive role model, treat other players and officials with the same level of respect you would expect to be shown to you.
- Members must use correct and proper language at all times.
- Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach or team manager if they are going to be late.
- Members must wear suitable kit for training and match sessions, as agreed with the coach/team manager.
- Members must pay any fees for membership, playing, training or events promptly.
- Members are not allowed to smoke or consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on the club premises or whilst representing the club.
- Bullying of any sort will not be tolerated.
Reviewed/amended Code of conduct adopted in Committee Meeting
Signed - Dennis Gibbs (Chairman) 20th Jan 2019