Method Statement – RETURNING TO CLUB TT SESSIONS (Pre-Activity)
Responsible person: Hygiene officer
Tony Halse 01626 852007
Address of premises:
Teign School, Chudleigh Road, Kingsteignton, Newton Abbot, Devon
Dennis Gibbs (Chairman)
Date method statement completed:
1st July 2020 (updated 15.7.20)
Suggested date for review:
1st August 2020 (or earlier if Government Restriction are amended
Health & Safety Contact Details
Club - Name:
01626 366837 07802 151129
Table Tennis England – Name:
To Be Advised
Health & Safety Procedures
Name of on-site first aiders:
On-site first aid box location:
In Equipment Box
Address of nearest hospital:
Newton Abbot Hospital West Golds Road, Newton Abbot
Designated evacuation meeting point:
In Car Park
Consider here who needs to receive training on procedures relating to COVID-19, how this will be delivered and who is responsible. Eg. online committee meeting for volunteers delivered by Club Chair / newsletter for members written by Media officer and approved by Hygiene/Health & Safety Officer.
The secretary, Tony Halse, who has taken on the role of Hygiene Officer will keep himself up to date with all necessary Government and Table Tennis England requirements. As we get closer to a resumption, by the use of emails and website updates, all necessary information will be distributed to the players. Training of volunteers helping at club sessions will be undertaken by the Hygiene officer ahead of the first session.
Consider here what equipment is needed to take the steps outlined in your risk assessment. Eg. social distancing markers, posters outlining good hygiene, hand sanitizer/soap etc.
A minimum of 6 hand sanitizers and 6 hand held spray bottles of soapy water. A minimum of 6 rolls of disposable paper towels. A box of disposable gloves. 2 disposable aprons, 2 disposable face masks and two Nitrile disposable gloves for the first aid box. 3 Table Tennis England posters outlining good hygiene. 1 sign on Sports Hall entrance door (No Admittance if you have any symptoms). If possible acquire at least 10 more barriers (borrow from league’s supply at Clennon Valley or Stover school). Make/buy suitable box for session fees to be deposited in. Purchase suitable book for registering players on entry. Purchase 2 suitable receptacles for waste bins and a roll of large black plastic sacks.
Order of Operations
A step-by-step method that should include: working procedures; the equipment and materials needed; what hazards will be present; how to reduce the risks associated. See also During Activity and Post Activity Method Statements
The accompanying risk assessments have identified the hazards and stated the controls to be put in place. In the pre activity method statement the working procedures are virtually all carried out off site, Time scales for the above are undeterminable due to the fluidity of the virus situation.
STEP BY STEP DETAILS - PRE-ACTIVITY
1. Club Secretary to keep members up to date regarding a return to action:
2. Club Secretary to keep in contact with Teign School / Booking clerk:
3. Hygiene Officer to establish a booking and registration process:
4. Hygiene Officer to make necessary purchases to comply with hygiene requirement:
5. Hygiene Officer to purchase, make or borrow the equipment below:
6. Hygiene Officer to make a list of all known vulnerable members that may wish to delay a return
7. Hygiene Officer to ensure all members are aware of who to contact should they or members of their household test positive within 14 days of attending the club session. Similarly they should contact the Hygiene Officer if they or anyone in the household has tested positive or has got symptoms 14 days prior to the session they have booked to cancel that session.
8. Tasks for the Hygiene Officer immediately prior to commencement of the first session
Any other important information