LANCASTER, MORECAMBE & DIST. TTL CONSTITUTION
LANCASTER, MORECAMBE & DIST. TTL CONSTITUTION
1. TITLE - The League shall be called:- Lancaster, Morecambe & District Table Tennis League and be affiliated to the Lancashire T.T.A and Table Tennis England (TTE).
2. MEMBERSHIP - Membership of the League shall be open to any person completing an application form and paying the relevant subscription fee as determined by the members at the AGM. Members must abide by the Rules and Regulations. Two classes of membership:- Senior and Junior (under 17 on 30th June)
3. MANAGEMENT - Executive Officers shall consist of President, Chairman, Vice Chairman, General Secretary, Treasurer, Match Secretary, Junior Development Officer, Press Officer and TTE Representative who shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting (AGM). The affairs of the League will be controlled by the Executive Officers (aka Committee).
The duties of the Committee shall be: -
3.1 To control the affairs of the league on behalf of the members.
3.2 To keep accurate accounts of the finances of the league through the Treasurer.
3.3 To make decisions on the basis of a simple majority vote.
3.4 To report to the membership via the next AGM the outcomes of any decisions made.
3.3 Hon Gen Sec (HGS) will arrange meetings as circumstances demand and requires a quorum of 4 league members. Each club can nominate a representative and all registered players are eligible to attend. Issues shall be decided by a majority of those present who are eligible to vote. Each Committee member and one representative per club is allowed a vote (committee members may represent their club). In the event of a tied vote, the Chairman of the meeting has a casting vote. The Committee shall decide any questions not provided for.
4. FINANCE - All monies to be banked in the name of the League. The signature of the Treasurer and one of the Executive committee is necessary for a withdrawal. Exceptions are in place for the use of online banking where the Treasurer is the sole nominated officer. The balance statement shall be presented at the AGM.
5. ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM) - The AGM shall be held prior to the 30th June. Clubs will be notified of the date and venue at least 28 days prior to the meeting and subject to a £5 fine for non attendance added to next season’s entry fees.
5.1 The meeting requires a quorum of at least 4 voting members in attendance although exceptions can be made in the interests of the league (a voting member is a member of the executive committee or a representative of a member club)
5.2 Notice of retirement from office should be served on the General Secretary at least 14 days before the meeting.
5.3 Election of Officers – all officers shall be elected at the AGM by a majority of votes.
5.4 All officers are elected for a period of one year, but may be re-elected to the same office for the following year.
5.5 Items for inclusion on the Agenda shall be forwarded to the General Secretary at least 14 days prior to the AGM.
5.6 Voting rights – There will be one vote for each Executive Committee member, plus one vote per team per club (with a maximum of 4 votes per club). In the event of a tied vote, the meeting Chairman has a casting vote.
5.8 Clubs not represented will be subject to a fine of £5 added to the club’s entry fees.
6. SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING (SGM) - Clubs may request the League Secretary to call a SGM to resolve significant issues outside the AGM provided they enlist the support of 50% of the clubs. Notification timescales will be the same as the AGM. AGM voting rules will apply.
7. INFRINGEMENT OF RULES & REGS inc. CODE OF CONDUCT - Teams and/or individuals guilty of infringements of league rules/regulations or misconduct render themselves to be penalised as the Committee decide. This may include a written warning, suspension, fine, deduction of points or expulsion of the player/team from the league.
The record of a team withdrawn or expelled from the League shall be expunged. No player/team will be allowed to register the following season until outstanding fines are paid.
All protests/appeals to the League Sec within 7 days of the incident or of a decision.
8. LEAGUE REPRESENTATION EXPENSES - Players/officials representing the league in matches or at county/ national meetings are eligible to claim appropriate mileage.
9. ALTERATIONS TO THE CONSTITUTION - Proposed alterations to the League Constitution may only be considered at an AGM or SGM. Any alteration must be proposed and seconded by Senior Members. Such alterations shall be passed if supported by a majority of votes at the meeting, assuming that a quorum has been achieved.
10. DISSOLUTION - If at any General Meeting a resolution be passed calling for the dissolution of the league, the Secretary shall immediately convene a Special General Meeting to be held not less than one month thereafter to discuss and vote on the resolution. If the resolution is carried by at least two-thirds of the Full Members present, the General Committee shall thereupon, or at such date as shall have been specified in the resolution, proceed to realise the assets of the league and discharge all debts and liabilities. The remaining assets shall be given or transferred to some other voluntary organization having objects similar to those of the league.
1. MATCHPLAY - All matches to be played in accordance with the Laws of Table Tennis.
2. LEAGUE BOUNDARIES - Team entry restricted to teams based in post codes LA1 - LA9, PR3.
3. TEAM COMPOSITION - A team consists of 3 players who each play 3 singles and one pair will play doubles A team may use 1 or 2 additional players to play doubles.
4. TEAM & PLAYER REGISTRATION
(i) All teams will pay a team fee of £60 at the pre-season meeting which includes participation in league and
cup competitions. Exception for late payment will be made for the Univ.
(ii) Players must pay an Individual Player Membership fee of £16 Seniors, £8 Juniors to the league or pay
direct to Table Tennis England (TTE).
(iii) Clubs are required to register a min of 3 players per team.
(iv) No player shall play in a team below the team they are registered for.
(v) A player may play up on a combined total of 4 occasions without penalty. On the 5th occasion he/she will become a member of that specific team for the remainder of the season..
(vi) Out of town players who reside outside the league boundaries (Reg. 2) are required to play a min of
50% of their teams league fixtures or a min of five if registered after the 31st Dec. If a current out of town
player has previously played 50% of L&MTTL league fixtures for 3 consecutive seasons they will no longer be classed as an out of town player. Failure to comply may result in the player's results being expunged.
Exceptions also include individuals who are employed or in education within the league boundaries.
5. TEAM CONTACT - Each team must provide details of the venue location, match night, start time and contact details. Each team should provide an email address for the receipt of league correspondence.
6. TRANSFERS - Team Sec to inform Webmaster prior to player participating in a fixture.
7. FIXTURES - Each team must state a match night for Home matches. The official start time is 7.00 pm
although variations are allowed and will be detailed in the fixtures displayed on the league website. Players
absent after 8 pm will forfeit their games. When playing at venues with time constraints, late arriving teams must concede any unplayed games providing the match starts on time and there are no significant delays during the match. Players should make their own arrangements regarding refreshments.
8. POSTPONEMENTS & REARRANGEMENTS - Subject to the following criteria:-
a) Unavailability of home venue. NOTE: If the away team can offer the use of their venue during the same
match week the home team is obliged to accept. The match will be recorded as a home fixture for the
(b) Illness effecting at least 2 players from the same team. NOTE: Clubs with more than one team are
expected to use reserve players from lower teams where appropriate.
(c) Player/s selected for the league representative team on the same date as their league or cup fixture.
(d) Other circumstances subject to the agreement of both teams. It is the responsibility of the postponing team to initiate the rearrangement process. Matches can be brought forward by mutual agreement.
Teams should contact League Sec for clarification/ruling if required.
9. OUTSTANDING FIXTURES - To be played no later than one week after the final week of league fixtures. Teams are not allowed to avoid playing both fixtures against opponents by duplicating the record from the first fixture as this may impact on divisional positions. If no effort has been made to play the match by either team the fixture may be recorded as unplayed. In some circumstances it may be necessary for the league to adjudicate on the outcome of an unplayed fixture i.e. by awarding all of the points to one of the teams, equal points to both teams, no points to either team or a specific result.
10. MATCH BALLS - ITTF approved 3 Star 40+ plastic/poly balls must be used.
11. POINTS - A match consists of 10 sets, each set the best of 5 games. 1 x point awarded for each game won.
Teams may claim a Walk Over (30 pts to nil) when a team does not turn up or agrees to concede the fixture.
In some circumstances it may be necessary for the league to rule on the outcome of Walk Overs (refer Reg 8)
A team conceding 3 walk- overs in a season may be withdrawn.
12. MATCH RESULT - Asap forward Match Cards to Match Sec by phone/email for input or enter result direct to the 365 league website if you have website admin permissions.
13. CLOTHING - Appropriate sporting attire, no white clothing unless using orange ball. Short sleeved shirts are the minimum requirement. Headbands for the control of perspiration are acceptable. All players must attempt to play in Table Tennis" designed clothing.
14. SCORING - Teams to score alternate sets and the scorer's decision is final unless both players (singles) or pairs (doubles) agree on an alternative decision.
15. LEAGUE TABLES - Finishing positions shall be determined by:-
(i) Highest number of points won
(ii) If equal on points then matches won, drawn, league points won to lost
16. PROMOTION & RELEGATION - If there are 8 teams or less in a division, the winners are eligible for
promotion and the bottom team for relegation. If 8 teams or more in a division the winners and runners
up are eligible for promotion and the bottom 2 for relegation. The strength and composition of each
division shall ultimately be left to the discretion of the committee.
17. LEAGUE TOURNAMENTS - Qualification is a min of 50% league matches played unless otherwise agreed by
18. COMPETITION AWARDS - The league will provide individual awards for permanent retention to winners and runners up. Divisional awards will be presented after completion of the league fixtures and teams/clubs will be notified of the collection arrangements. Failure for teams or their representative to collect the awards may result in the awards being forfeit. Perpetual trophies are the property of the League and cannot be won outright. Teams/individual winners are responsible for their safekeeping.
19. LEAGUE REPRESENATION - The league representative teams are entitled to claim out of pocket expenses.
1. KENNON TROPHY - Individual Handicap format for Premier Division teams
2. KENNON PLATE - Individual Handicap format for Championship Division teams
3. CORONATION CUP - Team Handicap format for Premier Division teams
4. RILEY CUP - Team Handicap format for Championship Division teams
5. Players can only play for one team in the Kennon cups and one team in the Coro & Riley
6. Clubs with teams in the Kennon Trophy & Plate may select a Plate registered player to play in the Trophy which will involve a recalculation of his/her handicap.
7. Clubs may select a registered player to play in the Coronation or Riley cup who was not included in the original handicap calculation which may/may not involve a recalculation of the team handicap.
8. The formats of all the cup comps are subject to change.
9. All handicaps will be reviewed and may be revised prior to the finals.