I'm very pleased to tell you that Bob Gale has won the North West "Contribution to Table Tennis Award". This is an annual award, organised by Table Tennis England. The League nominated Bob back in September, to reflect his long and outstanding service to the Kendal and District League and table tennis in general, and we are delighted that he has won this award. Many congratulations, Bob, a richly deserved award, and thankyou for all you have done over the years. Without the hard work of people like you, we would not be able to enjoy this wonderful game of ours.
There will be a presentation by Martin Ireland of TTE before the end of March, venue yet to be announced. Also, Bob will go forward as NW winner to the National judging.
Team Captains and Club Secretaries, could you please pass on the news to your team and club members.
For the record, here is a brief summary of Bob's service over the years.
- President KDTTL, 1995 to date
- President Natland and Oxenholme TTC, 2018 to date
- Received ETTA Leslie Forrest Award, 1999
- ETTA Qualified Coach, Umpire and Tournament Organiser
- Chairman Barrow and District TT League 1968-1973
- Chairman Cumbria TT Association 1970-1990
- National Councillor 1978-1980
- President of Cumbria TT Association 1990-1999, ie when CTTA ceased
- Chairman KDTTL 1975-1995. (During two years of this Chairmanship, also Hon Secretary.)
- Founder member of Natland and Oxenholme TTC, 1978. Chairman of Club 1978-2000. Vice President of Club 2000-2018.
Best Regards, Mick Taylor