Please see below the email from Mike Sunderland, concerning a safeguarding course in Cumbria. Please pass on to anyone in your club who may be interested.
From: Mike Sunderland <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: The next Cumbria Safeguarding course
The next x3 hour, Cumbria, evening safeguarding course is in February, run by active Cumbria.
I recommend any coaches or players, working or planning to work with children gain a safeguarding certificated qualification- affordable, in Cumbria and only x3 hrs of an evening.
Safeguarding & Protecting Children
Create a positive sports experience for Young People
This workshop will give you the best practice tools you need recognise and respond appropriately to issues of safeguarding and child protection. this will increase your confidence and help you create a positive sports experience for young people. This course is accredited and recommended by most National Governing Bodies of sport who do not have their own specific safeguarding training. On completion you will receive a certificate that is valid for 3 years from UK Coaching.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
· Identify and recognise good coaching practice and the implications for your coaching.
· Explore your values and feelings in relation to child abuse, and recognise their potential impact on your response.
· Recognise and respond to possible the signs of child abuse.
· Take appropriate action if concerns about a child arise.
To book please select one of the following dates/venues:
· 5th February 2020 - Distington Community Centre, Workington