1. The Championship is open to members of the Wembley and Harrow Table Tennis League who have played in not less than four matches in or for the League, by the closing date for entries to the Championship, and bone fide members of the Wembley and Harrow Table Tennis Club.
2. All matches will be the best of five games 11 up, and played on a group system - all play all - with group winners going on to a knockout competition. Seeded players MAY be excused groups.
3. Junior events are limited to players under 18 years of age on the 1st January during the current season. Cadet events are limited to players under 15 years of age on the 1st January during the current season. Veteran events are limited to players over 40 years of age on the 1st January during the current season.
4. The Committee reserve the right to restrict or refuse entries for all events.
5. The CLOSING DATE will be strictly adhered to.
6.THE CHAMPIONSHIP WILL BE RUN ON A STRICT TIME SCHEDULE THROUGHOUT. COMPETITORS SHOULD NOTE THAT TIMES SHOWN ON THEIR NOTIFICATION ARE THE TIMES THEY ARE REQUIRED TO BE READY TO PLAY. PLAYERS ARE REQUESTED TO ASSIST IN UMPIRING GAMES.
TEAM KNOCK-OUT COMPETITIONS
7. Team knock-out competitions will be conducted annually by the Management Committee for:
(a) the ‘Elvin Cup’ - open to all teams in the League.
(b) the ‘Elvin Junior Cup’ - open to teams composed of players registered in Division 3 or below.
(c) the ‘Harry Finch Trophy’ - open to teams composed of players registered in Division 6 or below.
(d) the ‘Olympus Youth Shield’ – open to teams composed of two junior players who are members of a club within the League and current members of Table Tennis England.
(e) the ‘Alma Reeve Trophy’ – open to teams composed of two female players who are members of a club within the League and current members of Table Tennis England.
8. No player shall be eligible to represent a team unless he or she is a registered member of the League within, or below, the corresponding division nominated for that particular competition - see Regulation 7 - and has played in at least the appropriate number of matches prior to the match in question. The appropriate number of matches shall be six for the final round, four for the semi-final round, two for the quarter - final round and none for any preceding rounds. This qualification includes cup, league and representative matches and will only be waived at the discretion of the Cup Secretary, to whom prior application must be made. No player may play for more than one team in any one competition in the same season. There are no league match eligibility requirements for the Olympus Youth Shield or Alma Reeve Trophy.
Should a team concede a walk-over on any occasion during the competitions a fine of £5.00 shall be levied. This regulation can only be waived in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the Cup Competitions Secretary.
9. For each round the teams shall be drawn in pairs, the first team drawn being the ‘home team’, except in the Final Round which will be played at a venue to be decided by the Management Committee.
The result of each match must be notified on the official score sheet by the winning team to the Cup Competition Secretary. The score sheet must be in the possession of the Cup Competition Secretary not later than the Wednesday of the week following that in which the match should have been played. If sent by mail, it must be posted not later than the Monday of the week following that in which the match should have been played, the postmark being considered for the purpose of this time limit. In case of late notification the team will not be included in the draw for the next round and will be disqualified.
10. The match rules shall be as for League matches except that each player shall play two singles and two doubles, or one doubles in the Olympus Youth Shield and Alma Reeve Trophy, and that any team playing an ineligible player whose qualification has not been waived as defined in Regulation 8 above, shall be disqualified and the match awarded to their opponents.
11. Medals and other trophies shall be awarded to the winners and runners-up in each competition.