LEAGUE TEAM HANDICAP CUP COMPETITION
This season, the competition has been remodelled, with a modified handicapping method being tried.
The Handicap Cup Qualification Round (w/c 7 November) will involve all teams, seeded 1 to 36, based on league positions (from the top of division 1 to the bottom of division 3) at the time the draw is made. The matches will consist of 1 v 19 / 2 v 20 / 3 v 21 / 4 v 22 / 5 v 23 / 6 v 24 / 7 v 25 / 8 v 26 / 9 v 27 / 10 v 28 / 11 v 29 / 12 v 30 / 13 v 31 / 14 v 32 / 15 v 33 / 16 v 34 / 17 v 35 / 18 v 36. A draw will be performed to determine home and away for each fixture. The lesser ranked team will receive 193.5 points (18 league positions x 10.75) handicap in ALL matches – except see below.
The draw for this round will be based on the league tables after the w/c 24 October round of matches.
Next, the Handicap Cup Preliminary Round (w/c 28 November) will involve 4 of the winning teams from above drawn at random, except that a maximum 28 league position differential will be allowed. The handicap for the lower ranked team will be 10.75 per league position. Similarly, the Handicap ‘Plate’Preliminary Round will involve 4 of the losing teams from above drawn at random. The 4 losing teams from this round are eliminated. All the remaining teams from the qualification round – winners and losers – have byes.
This leaves 16 winning teams and 16 losing teams to progress to the Handicap Cup First Round and Handicap ‘Plate’ First Round (w/c 23 January), matches to be drawn at random, except with a maximum 28 league position differential, and a handicap for the lower ranked team of 10.75 points per league position.
Note that matches will be re-drawn as necessary in the event of venue clashes, and that handicaps may be adjusted as considered appropriate by the competition organisers, whose decision is final.
1. Qualification to play is to be registered with a team in the league.
2. Reserve players are allowed, but must comply with the regulations as at Rule 26
3. Matches to be played over 9 sets of singles – there is NO DOUBLES – each set will be of 4 games, played to the normal 11 up or deuce finish.
4. Matches and team handicaps will be confirmed prior to each round of the competition.
5. The winner is the team which scores the highest total points from the sum of the points scored in all the games plus the team handicap. In the event of a tie - the away team is deemed the winner.
6. Matches are to be played during the weeks designated on the home team's usual match night.
7. Within 3 days, the WINNING TEAM to inform the Results Secretary of the match result.
8. In the event of any issues, contact Steve Carnaby.
9. If the results do not arrive on time, or in the event of a dispute, the Executive Committee will determine the outcome.
The draw for the preliminary round is as follows:-
Poolstock Pirates 398 v Wigan Blades 381.25
LSG Crusaders 338 v Wigan Phoenix 346
Standish C 338 v Wigan Wanderers 353.25
LSG Dragons 397 v Rainford Strike 379
The draws for the first round are as follows:-
Wigan Riverside v Wigan Fusion conceded
Wigan Phoenix 451 v LSG Saints 389
Poolstock Pirates 395 v Wigan Ralfs 388
Wigan Piethons 396 v Standish D 333
Heinz 57 Club 483 v Wigan Eagles 400
LSG Slayers 328 v Standish B 347
Hindley St Peter's 339 v Rainford Surge 358
LSG Scouts 369 v Rainford Storm 398
Wigan Chasers 431 v Wigan Wolves 349
Warrington Jets v Scousers conceded
Wigan Wanderers v Rainford Saints conceded
LSG Dragons 336 v Rainford Smash 339
Wigan Royals 399 v LSG Raiders 465
Rainford Spin 350 v Standish A 391
Rainford Smile 386 v Wigan Gordon 389
LSG Knights 306 v LSG Titans 383
Matches to be played in week commencing 23 January 2017
Second round matches
Heinz 57 Club 381 v Rainford Surge 357
Wigan Riverside 256 v Rainford Storm 373
Poolstock Pirates 367 v Wigan Piethons 353
Wigan Phoenix 375 v Standish B 392
Wigan Chasers 416 v Warrington Jets 357
LSG Raiders 444 v Rainford Smash 336
Wigan Gordon 463 v Wigan Wanderers 382
LSG Titans 364 v Standish A 394
Heinz 57 Club v Standish B
Rainford Storm v Poolstock Pirates
LSG Raiders v Standish A
Wigan Chasers v Wigan Gordon
Matches to be played week commencing 6 March 2017