THIS DOCUMENT IS AVAILABLE IN OUR DOWNLOAD SECTION HERE
You can now download and print the 2011/12 Closed Tournaments Entry Form HERE
LUTON & DISTRICT TABLE TENNIS LEAGUE
President Mr Mike Williams
Chairman General Secretary
Mr Chu Tai Mrs Val Murdoch
10 Hawkfields Harwood House
Bushmead 90 Broadway
Beds LU2 7NN Herts SG6 3PH
Tel 01462 671191
21st February 2012
Dear Team Player
A number of important messages that we would be grateful if all Players could advise each player in their team.
1. The L&DTTL Closed Free Tournament will be played at Vauxhall Recreation Club, 20 Gypsy Lane, Luton at 7.30 prompt. (Entry forms available on the website or from me – phone & email details above). This event was well supported last year so please get your entry in early.
Monday 23rd April Divisional Competition (Premier & Div 1)
Monday 30th April Divisional Competition (Div 3) + Pot Luck Doubles - time permitting
2. The Luton & District League AGM will be held at 8pm Thursday 5th July 2012 at Co-op Club House, Stockingstone Road, Luton.
3. The ETTA Approved Laws of Table Tennis. - Latest version enclosed or on website HERE for all Team Captains.
4. The North Herts Summer League will run (numbers permitting) on Mondays 11th June to 30th July inc & £43 per team. 2 person teams and you may have as many players as you wish at no extra cost (entry form will go on the NHTTA website or contact Val)
5. Local or County Umpire Qualification If you would like to take the qualification which comprises of a Yes/No questionnaire prior to a practical test then please contact Val.
6. Postponed Matches – the Executive Committee are increasingly concerned about the high level of un-played matches, despite additional ‘free weeks’ included in playing season. For a number of Teams, this can lead to difficulties in obtaining premises, organising/contacting team members, add to costs and/or create a ‘backlog’ at the end of the Season. The EC will be presenting a ‘no-postponement’ Rule Change under Rule 12 at the AGM. The Proposal is being finalised and will also include an additional feature to allow teams to advance the date when matches are scheduled. The full Proposal will be circulated prior to the AGM.
That said, for 2011/12 season, all teams should make every effort to clear any un-played matches as soon as possible, agreeing with the opposing team Captain suitable date(s) and advising the Hon.Fixtures Secretary.
7. Points Awarded - the Executive Committee have also received a proposal to change the points awarded system to a point per match won ie,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 instead of the current Rule 26(E) viz, 4,3,2,1,0. We feel this change will encourage teams to play competitively for each of the 10 matches and a fairer recognition of games played. Again, this will be circulated to Clubs prior to the AGM.
We do realise that there is a lot of information download but we are hoping that with this letter and the LDTTL website, all players will be kept up to date on latest issues affecting the Luton & District League.
L&DTTL Hon. Gen. Sec.