Please find a link to the entry form for the “6-Ts” event taking place after the Christmas break at Torbay Leisure Centre. I have already received intention of entering from some teams within Devon, so if you want to get in some competitive (and tactical) table tennis to work off some of that Christmas Pud, then please send me your completed entry form by Thursday 31st December.
Please note, a Rule Sheet will be distributed to all teams prior to the event.
Many thanks..... Alan Maynard
Torbay Team Tag Table Tennis Tournament
Sunday 3rd January 2016
Torbay Leisure Centre
10am – mid-afternoon
Charge: £10 per team
This is to introduce an exciting new concept for team table tennis: The “6-Ts”!
It is aimed to incorporate a level of team tactics into matches whereby teams consisting of two or more players will nominate players to begin and if wanted, nominate players of the same team to “take-over” (or “tag”) mid-game. It will involve a level of real-time game awareness, player assessment and selection skills as games commence and develop. The basic concept is as follows:
· Teams are to consist of two or more players;
· Teams are to compete in divisions of five or six teams of similar standard;
· Teams are to play one match of five sets against all other teams in their division;
· All sets are to be played and each set will be worth one point;
· Teams with the highest point total will win their division.
But here’s the twist….
· Players must be changed or “tagged” during the course of each game;
· Strategic tagging will win sets and score points;
· Teams may tag more than once during a game, but not more than once per set;
· A system will be in place to prevent teams knowing who will commence the games.
Trophies will be awarded to all division winners!
The intention is to make this an annual event open to all junior and senior players within Devon.