STIRLINGSHIRE & MIDLAND COUNTIES TABLE TENNIS ASSOCIATION
1. What we need
Stirlingshire and Midland Counties Table Tennis Association (SMCTTA) provides opportunities for players of all ages to take part in the sport of table tennis. The league is affiliated to Table Tennis Scotland, the National Governing Body.
SMCTTA will be a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us in your league membership form, unless otherwise stated.
When you register as a member or volunteer of SMCTTA or renew your membership (including if you are registering or renewing on behalf of a child under the age of 18), we may ask you for the following personal information:
- contact details – name, address, email address, date of birth, telephone numbers and emergency contact information;
- membership criteria/category – player, parent, volunteer, committee member;
- health information – disability (if any) and relevant medical conditions;
- PVG membership details (volunteer applicants)
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect then this may affect our ability to offer the above membership services and benefits.
2. Why we need your personal information – contractual purpose
We need to collect our members’ personal information so that we can manage your membership. We will use our members’ personal information to:
- provide you with core member services, including insurance, licencing and PVG checks;
- send you membership communications by email or phone in relation to essential membership services, including but not limited to: AGM notices, membership renewals, information on membership benefits/fees and information regarding league matches;
- When you book a place with us to attend a coaching course, competition or other training event we need to collect your personal information so that we can honour your booking and to enable you to participate in the relevant event.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect then this may affect our ability to offer the above membership services and benefits or book your place on courses/competitions you register for.
3. Why we need your personal information – legitimate purpose
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- promote and encourage participation in Table Tennis by sending members’ communications and booking information for upcoming competitions and events;
- record and publish league match results on our website;
- provide competition in Table Tennis by accepting and managing entries for our competitions and checking your personal information to ensure you are entered into the correct category;
- monitor and develop participation in Table Tennis by monitoring members’ engagement and participation and inviting our members to participate in surveys for researching and development purposes;
- invite our members as award winners or guests to our annual awards ceremony;
- develop and maintain our members’ qualifications, including sending email communications to members to inform you of upcoming courses, renewal requirements and verify that you have completed any mandatory training and PVG/child protection requirements;
- respond to and communicate with members regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to Table Tennis. We will use your personal information to investigate your complaint, suspend membership and take disciplinary action where appropriate;
- for league volunteers, we will need to collect personal information relating to criminal convictions or alleged commission of criminal offences where you are required to complete a PVG check under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. This information will include your PVG certificate number, PVG membership number, date of issue and any relevant information in relation to your membership of the PVG Scheme. If your PVG certificate is not clear, we will have a legitimate interest to collect references and any other applicable information to allow us to consider whether or not you can volunteer in a regulated role with children and/or vulnerable adults.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a member or volunteer.
4. Why we need your personal information – consent
We also process our members’ personal information for the following purposes:
- competitions, events and coaching sessions may be filmed or photographed and your personal information may also be used in images captured, which we use for promotional, education and development purposes;
- contacting next of kin in the event of an emergency;
- ensuring player safety in the event of an emergency;
- to assess your fitness to participate in any events or activities we host and provide appropriate adjustments to our sports facilities and league sessions;
- publishing contact information for our committee on our league website to enable current and prospective members to contact us.
Where we process your personal information for the purposes above we will seek consent to process this information on your membership application form and each membership renewal form. Members may withdraw their consent at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
5. Why we need your personal information – legal obligations
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members for the purposes of complying with our obligations under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007 to check that our coaches and volunteers are able to undertake regulated work with children and vulnerable adults.
6. Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice with information on how we will use your information for these additional purposes.
7. Who we share your personal information with
- As an affiliated league of Table Tennis Scotland (TTS), we are required to ensure that all of our members are members of TTS as a condition of our affiliation. When you first register with us we will share your name, date of birth, address and other contact details with TTS who will become a controller of your personal information when they receive it. Table Tennis Scotland’s privacy notice explains how they use your personal information and can be accessed here: http://tabletennisscotland.co.uk/policies-and-procedures/
- We currently utilise TT365 to administer our membership database and league tables. TT365 processes our members` personal information on our behalf as a “processor” and as such is subject to written contractual conditions to only process that personal information under our instructions and protect it in accordance with the current data protection legislation;
- If your personal information is included in any images or videos taken by us at our competitions and events, we may share this with Table Tennis Scotland for promotional and/or journalistic purposes;
- We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland, and Police Scotland for the purposes of safeguarding children;
- We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice;
- We publish the results of our league matches and competitions on our websites. This includes competitors’ name, age category and result;
In the event that we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
8. How we protect your personal information
Only Committee Members will have access to full member information for the purposes set out above. Regional Coaches may have access to Emergency Contact details and important medical information only to enable them to run sessions safely.
9. How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and possibly delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for 1 year
10. Your rights
You can exercise any of the following rights by writing to our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
- you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”;
- if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
- you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes; and
- if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received by SMCTTA will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk