Barrow and District Table-Tennis League Town Tournament 2015 / 16
Wednesday 30th March: Adult+Junior Doubles (Handicap) (18) and Veterans (12)
Thursday 31st March: Closed Singles (16) Numbers in brackets denote maximum entry- first come first served via e-mail
Venue and Times:
The events take place at Hawcoat Park. 7.00pm start for the Adult+Junior Doubles and Closed Singles. 8.00pm start for the Veterans. The Adult+Junior Doubles should finish by 9pm. Other events should finish by 10.30pm each night. Events will be played on three tables. The facility will be available for practice from 6.45pm. Please try to be on time as if we start late, it knocks everything back.
£2.00 per event entered. A cheque for the correct amount should be made payable to ‘Barrow and District Table-Tennis League’ and should be brought on the night. This will be refunded should the event fail to run. Where a player fails to turn up, his or her entry cost shall be forfeited.
Please endeavour to let me know if you cannot attend having entered, as when players fail to show it can cause problems with uneven groups, etc.
1) As this will be my final town tournament as organiser, I thought we should try a different event as the handicap entry has been very low in the last two seasons. The Adult+Junior handicapped doubles is a new event. Pairs must consist of a junior league player AND an adult league player. This is a handicapped event.
2) For a specific event to run, there should be a minimum of eight entries.
3) All events, bar the Adult+Junior handicapped doubles, are played best of five games up to eleven, as dictated by league rules. The handicapped Adult+Junior Doubles event is played best of three games up to 21, based on the then-current handicaps.
4) ‘Veteran’ is defined as 40 or over on the day of the competition.
5) Participants must be registered members of Barrow and District Table-Tennis League.
6) Trophies will be awarded on Finals’ night to the winner and runner-up of each event.
7) In the event of a dispute, the organiser’s / organisers’ decision is final.
Closing Date and Submitting Form:
Please let me know by Saturday 26th March if you wish to enter. Please do this via e-mail: SstephenCairns@aol.com Please state which events you’re entering and bring a cheque as detailed above on the evening of the competition. If you’re entering the Adult+Junior handicapped doubles event, please state your partner.
A Rallying Cry!
Please try to support your local league by entering at least one event. I have again gone for fewer events in an attempt to reach the minimum number required. The new doubles event is designed to encourage juniors into playing alongside adults, and hopefully provide a pathway into a local club. I look forward to seeing you on the evening (s) concerned.
Apologies for Short Notice
It took some time to hear back from Hawcoat Park as to the availability of the premises. Please help spread the word. This letter will be appearing on the Barrow365 webpage and the league’s Facebook page.
Thank you to everyone who has supported the Town Tournament over the past nine years. If you would be interested in running the event from next season, please contact Keith Mallinson or Keith Edwards.