SDTTL QUIZ NIGHT - NOVEMBER 2022
Sat 11th November, SDTTL held a Quiz Night at the Hullbridge Community Centre, Pooles Lane, Hullbridge. This was our League’s first function at the Hullbridge Community Centre and it was also our 1st big get together since the start of the Covid Pandemic
It was run by Southend Committee Member, Bill Smith, of the Mapledene Table Tennis Club
107 Members of the Southend League and Friends, enjoyed a great evening.
Nearly all Clubs of the Southend & District Table Tennis League were represented
Thank you's to: -
- Bill Smith for Arranging and Running the Quiz Night andBill’s wife Marion for her support and looking after the Teas & Coffees
- Jayne Johnson for working with Bill throughout, with the preparation of the Quiz and for producing some of the Questions.
- Paul Reed for selling the Raffle Tickets, sorting them all out and running the draw
- All of you who donated Raffle Prizes
- John Lott for lending us his Speaker & Microphone & for collecting the Entry Fees from the Tables
- The Hullbridge Community Bar Staff, for looking after us all night; always cheerful and helpful. It’s certainly a Venue we will look to return to.
- Finally, a massive thank you to our Members & Friends who joined us at our Quiz
Our Quiz Nights have in recent Seasons been run to help offset the high costs of running our Closed Championships at the Rayleigh Leisure Centre. The excellent outcome of last night’s Quiz was that we raised a Net Profit of £ 274 on the Quiz and a further £206 on the Raffle: producing £480 in total. Added to this, was a £25 donation from SDTTL Vice Chairman, John Poysden, who was away playing in a Vetts Tournament in Norwich: we hope all went well, John
Total Funds raised £505: Brilliant
Well done all our Members who played a part !!
- The SDTTL 2022-3 Annual Closed Championships will be held at the Rayleigh Leisure Centre, Rawreth Lane.
- They will be held over the Weekend of the 24th – 26thFebruary 2023
- We hope many of you will keep that weekend free and enter our Closed Championships
- Closed Entry Forms will be sent out mid-December
Ken Field, Chairman of SDTTL,
on behalf of your SDTTL Management Committee