TT365 Made a big announcement today
Table Tennis 365 - Ranking System Released
Our ranking system is now in final beta and is being released in phases.
What you need to know
- TT365 rankings will be live before the start of next season.
- Our rankings system is provided FREE to all leagues and clubs that use League Manager.
- Rankings are powered by the same engine we use to run the Table Tennis England and Table Tennis Scotland national ranking lists.
- Rankings are generated automatically from the results you already enter into League Manager, so it is completely passive and requires no additional administration.
- Results from your own tournaments can be entered into the ranking system.
- Rankings will automatically appear on your TT365 website once the system is live, but you will have the option to not display them, if you do not wish to publish rankings on your website.
- Lists can be filtered by gender and our default age groups, plus you can define your own filters if you wish, such as over 60’s female.
- Our ranking system automatically produces lists for clubs, leagues and counties, so no matter what organisation type you are, you’ll get a ranking list relevant to you.
- When we go live, we will go live with a minimum of one season’s worth of back-history, subject to you having those results entered correctly in League Manager.
- Ranking data will also be fully integrated into match card views, player and team statistics pages, even club pages will have their own ranking list.
This system uses All results for a player regardless of how many leagues he/she plays in or whether he/she plays British League or NJL or NCL or plays on the tournament circuit to produce a single ranking points value.
I expect this to be in place in a week or two so no more updates will be made to our internal ranking list
We will however use the list in place at present to handicap the tournament as the new rankings will probably need a rework of the handicapping routines to make it useable.