2017-18 is the Association's 90th Anniversary season. The plan is to start events at end of 2016-17 with events in the summer, through the 2017-18 season, culminating in a special dinner / awards evening in May 2018. We are looking for volunteers to join a sub-committee to plan the events. If you are interested then please send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
A number of ideas have been suggested:
- Social event / dinner, inviting past players.
- Collection of pictures, press reports, handbooks, etc. for display.
- Commemorative handbook.
- Holding tournaments throughout the year .
- Handicap events, similar to those at York Closed.
- Pairs events, eg a current league player paired with a non-league player.
- Drawn team event.
- Placing one or two table tennis tables in the centre of York or in supermarket entrances for a few hours to encourage everyone to have a game.