On the 24th & 25th of March 2018, the Annual Inter League Competition was held in Bells Sports Centre, Perth. The Inter League saw 7 Leagues (regions) take part: West of Scotland, Stirlingshire, Edinburgh & Lothians, Aberdeen, Dumfries, Dundee and Perth. The standard of this year’s event was much higher than in previous years, with some great competition for all players from Under 13 through to the Veterans, which is 40+.
The West of Scotland, throughout the weekend, had a great team spirit - each team getting behind another when they were not playing. Also, the support from all the parents and coaches who took their time to help out was fantastic.
With all West of Scotland teams playing some great table tennis and great sportsmanship, we retained the Stewart McGowan Trophy - a trophy for the region that collected the most points over the weekend.
How to gain points:
- Winner of catergory = 10 points
- 2nd in catergory = 7 points
- 3rd in catrergory = 4 points
- 4th in catergory = 2 points
The top three regions with the most points over the weekend are as follows:
- West of Scotland = 40 points
- Edinburgh = 32 points
- Aberdeen = 28 points
The results for all the teams competing for West of Scotland:
- Minor Girls (Amelia Smolarek & Jessica Hogg)
- Minor Boys (Nathan Hogg, Aron McDonald & Kris Taylor)
- Cadet Girls (Holly McNamara & Naomi Provan)
- Cadet Boys A (Charlie Morton, Michael Zhang & Rayyan Khalid)
- Cadet Boys B (Chad Duncan, Patric Hollywood & Achint Makesh)
- Junior Girls (Wiktoria Smolarek & Paula Callaghan)
- Junior Boys A (Guatam Kakar, Elliott Medland & Tony Nelson)
- Junior Boys B (Aaron Richardson, Fergus MacLean & Kyle McPhee)
- Women’s (Rebecca Plaistow & Lucy Elliott)
- Men’s (Harvey McDonald, Zaid Khalid & Thomas Cairns)
- Women’s Vets (Maureen Moran & Joy Daniels)
- Men’s Vets A (Roy Claxton, Callum Gerard & Charlie Brown
- Men’s Vets B (Sinclair Houston, David McDonald & Ian McPherson)
A huge well done and congratulations to everyone taking part!