League Report 26-2

West Cornwall Table Tennis League

Premier Division

Bridge A maintain a 14 point lead at the top of the Premier Division table of the West Cornwall Table Tennis League with just three matches remaining. Bridge A destroyed both Falmouth Docks B 10,0 and Mylor A 9,1, with Karim Ali picking up the single point for Mylor beating Dave Plumb, leaving Bridge with a 14 point lead over Docks A, who have four matches left to play.

Docks A whitewashed Peoples Palace A before comfortably beating Docks B 9,1. Mark Meijvis and Paul Jenkin remained undefeated over the two matches, with Jensen Hatcher winning three from three against Palace and Dee Williams losing just one point to Jeremy Hartley in a tight five end battle.

Docks B beat their C team 8,2 with Morgan Cardell achieving playing of the match winning his three games and teaming up with Aiden Rollason to take the doubles point. Both Aiden and Joe Tuffery won two singles points losing to Liam Chinn and Jeremy Hartley respectively.

Palace A claimed a 7,3 victory over third place Bridge B.  Steve Hunt won all three matches for Palace, despite being 2,0 down to Simon Williams. Kevin Fudge won two for Palace and Simon Jacobs won one. For Bridge, Austin Chapman claimed two of the points, and in his first premier division match, Simon Williams took the third and final point for Bridge beating Simon.


First Division

Mounts Bay A have increased their lead over second place Docks D at the top of the First Division table. Mounts Bay took two 8,2 victories over Bridge D and Mylor C, Mark Cock of Mounts Bay was the stand out player over the two matches, winning all his games. For Bridge, Nigel Tregenza took the only singles point, defeating Rob Dyer in five ends, before teaming up with Bernard Harvey to take the doubles point from father and son combo Mark and Nigel Cock. For Mylor C, the two points were won by Sam Sloggett and Chris Buckingham, both beating Howard Charman.

                Docks D beat two manned Penpol 6,4 with Dylan Tynan winning his matches. Tom Stephens and Perry Oates played up from division two for Docks, and Perry claimed a point beating Adam Sparks 15,13 in the final end of the match.

                Mylor B have had mixed results over the last fortnight, beating club mates Mylor C 8,2 before losing to Peoples Palace B 7,3. For Mylor C, Sam Slogett and Mark Norcross each took a point from Ian Bell and Chris Bassett, while Howard Baker was the player of the match winning all of his games. Paul Mallen won all three for Palace, with team mates Colin Flook and Keith Mitchell both losing to Chris. Mylor’s Chris and Ian teamed up to win their third point of the match in the doubles, defeating Paul and Colin.

                St Ives A beat Palace 8,2 as the legend John Bassett won his three matches along with David Smith, the pair teamed up to thrash Palace in the doubles. For Palace, Colin and Pierre-Michel Doutreligne defeated Stephan Veal to claim their two points. St Ives could only raise two players in their following match to which they were whitewashed by Penpol.  Andrew Nicholson, Adam Sparks and Andy Senior did well to defeat the pair from St Ives with several matches that could have gone either way.


Second Division

                Godolphin lead the Second Division table with a huge 20 point lead and a game in hand to second placed Falmouth Docks E. David Greenough and Barry Dunstan starred for Godolphin in their match against Mylor D winning 9,1, Yuki Reed won the only point for Mylor beating John Eddy. Barry and John drew against Redruth Highway in their match despite only having two players. For Redruth, Peter Gribble beat John, and George Banfield beat Barry.

                Docks E secured two 7,3 wins against Redruth Highway and Palace C. Dennis Williams won all of his matches, with Ben Charity winning five, and Chris Hocking two.  For Redruth, Anthony Solway, Gary Marson and George Banfield each won one, and for Palace David Matthew won two. For Palace, Pierre-Michel Doutreligne, Ian Marriott and Mark Atkins all took two points in their match against Cape Cornwall, winning the match 7,3. David May was the player of the match as he picked up three wins for his team.

                Docks F closed the gap to Docks E to just one point in the fight for the promotion spot following a 7,3 win over Mount Ambrose, and an 8,2 win against Cape Cornwall. Mike Kent of Mount Ambrose kept his 100% average, winning his team 3 points, whilst Cape Cornwall’s David May beat Roger Scorse and Brian Johnson for their points. Harry Rose of Docks F finished the match unbeaten.

                Mount Ambrose beat Mounts Bay C 7,3 with Mike continuing his good form, winning his matches. Marcus Rogers took two points for Mount Ambrose, and Tony Barber one, before Mike and Tony paired up to take the final point. The three points for Mounts Bay came from Sue West winning two and Peter Jackson winning one.

Both Docks G and Docks H have had a tough few weeks winning their first match 6,4 and drawing their second. Docks G took on Mounts Bay B to win 6,4 before drawing against Mylor D. For Mounts Bay, Jackie Rice won her three singles with the fourth point for the team coming from Jonathan Bradbury defeating John Tuffery for the first time.  For Mylor, Andrew Parker won three points, with Yuki Reed winning the final singles point and the pair taking the doubles.

                Docks H defeated Mounts Bay C 6,4, before drawing to Mounts Bay B. Over the two matches, Joe Crouse won four, Tom Stephens two, Blaise Hinshelwood two, and Perry Oakes three.

Author: via West Cornwall Table Tennis League
Article Published:
Last Updated:
Share This Page