TOWCESTER & DISTRICT TABLE TENNIS LEAGUE
MINUTES OF THE COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 10th NOVEMBER 2016
IN ROTHERSTHORPE VILLAGE HALL
Present: Nick Howard (chairman), Clive Appleton, Rod Barr, Eddie Dennis, Bev Hyde, Dave Hyde,
Peter Kent, Alan Thompson, Ray Wood, Tony Woodward.
Apologies for absence: Iain Lindsay, Mike Perry, Fred Wakefield.
Matters arising from last meeting:
- Tony paid the £5 fine for Roade’s non-attendance at the September meeting.
- Nick had contacted the Saracen’s Head regarding the Presentation Evening which would be held on Saturday 20th May. Nick to organize, volunteers welcome to help with trophies, etc.
Financial Report: Peter confirmed County fees of £440 had been paid (Rod had hand-delivered the cheque.) Peter to request payment for the two handbook adverts from Petstop and Steve Corbett Motors.
Divisional Progress Reports:
- Division One - Bugbrooke A, Gayton A and Gayton B all had two matches outstanding.
- DivisionTwo – Bugbrooke B v Everdon postponed because of illness/injury to Everdon players, rearranged for 14th November.
- Division Three – Daventry Newcomers v YG Dogs postponed at Daventry’s request for half term. Towcester E no show for match at Bugbrooke E – match forfeited.
Player Registration: 108 players registered to clubs and teams to date. Two instances of players playing and winning games whilst ineligible – John Crawford (Roade) and Dave Lyden (YG Eagles). Despite Committee previously confirming that the rules would be enforced in this respect, further discussion took place and by a majority vote of six to three, it was agreed the system should be overridden and the results be allowed to stand on this occasion only. After yet further reminders both players had now paid their fees.
Handicap Cup Draw: Mike had sent through the necessary draw paraphernalia and this was conducted with the usual enthusiasm. Mike will issue the necessary paperwork for each round. Rod would prepare a new ranking list for Divisional Secretary perusal.
County/National Report: Nothing to report.
Next Meeting: Tuesday 31st January (no scheduled league matches). Clive to book the room.
Agenda items to include league fixtures progress, Handicap Cup results, Vic Fisher Memorial and the Annual Tournament.
- AGM – Tuesday 6th June, 7.45pm at Rothersthorpe Village Hall.
- The meeting was reminded that Charlie Black would be the contact for Daventry Rookies whilst Alan was away on holiday next year. A reminder would be issued nearer the time.
Meeting closed at 8.40pm.