THE STONE & DISTRICT TABLE TENNIS CLUB.
1. Name: The Stone & District Table Tennis Club (“the club”), formerly The Stone & District Table Tennis Association.
2. Object: A) The club will provide facilities for the amateur sport of table tennis for members of all abilities and generally promote and encourage the playing of table tennis amongst the community in Stone, Staffordshire.
B) The club will affiliate to the relevant National and County Table Tennis Associations and operate its competitions in accordance with their Rules and Regulations.
3. Premises The club’s premises are situated in its own building at Walton Community Centre, Whitemill Lane, Walton, Stone. Staffordshire and will use other premises, as required, from time to time.
4. Membership: A) Membership of the club shall be open to anyone interested in the sport on application regardless of sex, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, religion or other beliefs. However, limitation of membership will be governed by the facilities available on a non-discriminatory basis.
B) The club may have different classes of membership and subscription on a non-discriminatory and fair basis. The club will keep subscriptions at levels that will not pose a significant obstacle to people participating.
C) Any person who wishes to become a member shall submit an application in such form as the Management Committee shall determine.
D) The Club Management Committee may refuse membership or remove it, only for good cause such as conduct or character likely to bring the club or the sport into disrepute. Appeal against refusal or removal may be made to a Special General Meeting convened for the purpose.
5. Management: A) The club shall be governed by a Management Committee elected at an AGM consisting of Chairman; Vice Chairman; Hon. Secretary; Hon. Treasurer; Hon. Match Secretary; Hon. County League Secretary and such other members, approved at the AGM, for the proper governance of the club, allowing one vote per member present at all meetings.
B) The Chairman shall have a casting vote.
C) The Management Committee shall meet at regular intervals during the playing season,
6. Duty of the Management Committee:
A) To consider all applications for Membership on a non-discriminatory basis in accordance with clause 4, and to decide the composition of the various divisions of the League.
B) To determine all competition arrangements.
C) To deal with all claims, disputes and reports submitted by Members of the club
D) To appoint such Sub-Committee as may be considered desirable.
E) To deal with all other matters which may arise.
7. Duties of the Hon. Secretary and Hon. Treasurer:
A) The Hon. Secretary shall convene and attend all Meetings and conduct all
correspondence of the Club.
B) The Hon. Treasurer shall receive all monies belonging to the Club and be
responsible for banking all such monies in the name of the Club, pay all accounts of the Club and keep a full account of the Club’s monies.
C) Both officials shall act at all times under the direction of the Management Committee and when retiring from office they shall hand over to the Chairman all books (duly audited) documents and monies belonging to the Club which may be in their possession.
D) Cheques for withdrawing money from the Bank shall be signed by any two of the authorised signatories appointed at a General Meeting.
8. Meetings: A) The Annual General Meeting (“A.G.M”) shall be held before the end of June each year.
B) At least 14 days notice of the A.G.M shall be given in writing to Members.
C) All officers of the Club shall be appointed at the A.G.M. All nominees shall have been in membership for at least one year.
D) Attendance at any A.G.M shall be open to all members and their invited guests but only members shall be allowed to vote.
E) At least 5 members, 2 of which must be officers, shall form a quorum for a General Meeting or a Management Committee Meeting.
F) At any Meeting the Chairman shall have the casting vote when required.
G) The Hon. Secretary shall, on receiving a request by at least ten percent of the Members convene an Extraordinary General Meeting (“EGM”), except in the event of refusal or removal of Membership when the aggrieved person(s) may make such request.
H) A majority in excess of opposition of one third of the votes shall be necessary to carry any resolution in respect of the Constitution of the Association.
I) Any proposed amendment to the Constitution or the Rules should be notified to the Hon. Secretary in writing at least 7 days before the date of an A.G.M. / E.G.M.
9). Fees and Reimbursements:
The Club Secretary shall receive an amount, to be fixed at the A.G.M, to cover general costs incurred in relation to his duties in the forthcoming season. The Secretary must not be present during these discussions.
10). Coaching: The appointed Coach must hold clearance certificates issued by the appropriate authorities and will receive a fee, to be fixed at the A.G.M., commensurate to these duties. The Coach may be a Club Member, but must not be present during these discussions.
11). Surpluses: The Club is non-profit making, therefore all surplus income or profits are to be reinvested in the Club. No surpluses or assets will be distributed to members or third parties.
12). Amendments: The Constitution and Rules of this Club shall not be altered or added to except at the A.G.M. or at an E.G.M. convened for this purpose.
13). Financial Year: The Financial Year shall end on 31st May each year.
14). Termination and Closure of the Club:
A) An agreement to terminate the activities of the club must be made by a 75% majority of Members present and voting at an AGM, or at a Special General Meeting called for the purpose.
B) Upon dissolution of the Club any remaining surplus monies after all expenses have been paid and any net assets shall be given to another registered CASC, a registered charity or the governing body for use by them in related community sports.
C) All Banking arrangements must be closed by the Treasurer and the Club Secretary must notify The English Table Tennis Association; Utility Companies and other interested parties accordingly.
Signed by Maurice Adams (chairman) & Ian Coles (secretary). October 2010.