Hi, it has come to my attention throughout the summer league that a few match rules are being ignored. This is not allowed. Please see below the League match rules and I have made the rules that have been broken during the league recently. When the new season for the Winter League starts, all rules will be sent out in the handbook and I will send it out as a PDF so all of the Club Secretary's can have it.
To bring Rule 8 (ii) to attention: With a 7-30pm start, exception up to 9-00pm is allowed for one named player per team. With a match starting no later than 7-00pm, exception up to 8-30pm is allowed for one named player per team.
This rule has been ignored in the summer league. Please make sure that you are following these rules.
1. All games to be played under existing E.T.T.A. Approved Laws of Table Tennis.
2. A team may consist of up to four players. Three players from each team shall contest the singles, but one other eligible player may compete in the doubles.
3. Only official E.T.T.A. approved balls are allowed. A new ball of XXX (three Stars) or equivalent standard, shall be provided by the home team at the commencement of each match.
5. The centreline shall be used in doubles games.
6. Doubles partners may be paired in any way.
7. League matches must be played on the match night of the Home Team in the week scheduled, except where League Rule 14 applies.
8. (i) Matches must commence no later than 7.30pm unless indicated in the team details section of the handbook.
(ii) With a 7-30pm start, exception up to 9-00pm is allowed for one named player per team. With a match starting no later than 7-00pm, exception up to 8-30pm is allowed for one named player per team.
9. (i) The captain of the Home team shall place the names of his team on the scorecard and the captain of the opposing team shall then do likewise.
(ii) Provided there will not be an infringement of Match Rule 8(ii) a reserve may be nominated to take the place of a named player to 9.00 pm.
(iii) Under normal circumstances the match should proceed in the order set out on the score card, but the order of play may be altered by mutual agreement of the two captains or their appointed deputies.
(iv) Except where Match Rule 8(ii) or 9(ii) apply, play shall be continuous throughout and any player not available when due shall forfeit the set.
(v) A team may include a guest player to deputise for a missing player. This must be indicated on the scorecard and no fine will be imposed. However, the results will not be included in the match score and the sets conceded.
10.Where a team fails to make an appearance, the committee will award the points according to Match Rule 11, unless the Match Secretary receives suitable explanation within seven days. The Management Committee will then deal with the matter and their decision shall be final.
11. When matches are not played, the Committee have the power to make the following decisions:-
(i) In all cases, make every effort to have the match played.
(ii) If it is not played, the Committee will decide how to award the points and when, taking into consideration the circumstances of why the match was not played and the possible effect on promotion and relegation.
(iii) When a team turns up with one player, the committee will decide on the final awarding of points, considering the circumstances and the possible effect on promotion and relegation.
12.The official score card shall be provided and completed by the Home team and must reach the Match Secretary bearing a post mark not more than 72 hours after the match, unless personally delivered within 72 hours of the game being played.
13. It shall be the responsibility of the ‘Home’ side to provide liquid refreshments for their visitors, unless circumstances make such provisions impossible.
14.The Management Committee shall decide the penalty for clubs not adhering to Match Rules.