NORTHAMPTONSHIRE COUNTY SCHOOLS ASSOCIATION
NORTHAMPTONSHIRE SCHOOLS TABLE TENNIS ASSOCIATION
NSTTA Report to NCTTA - AGM 22.5.17
1. The NSTTA team event Mon 28 Nov 2016 was back again on a week day evening at Weavers. There was a small change in the number of teams entered. 7 schools, 3 primary and 4 secondary ( CCS withdraw so have not been included in the total ) entered 13 teams into the event. We also welcomed entries from Corby’s Kingswood School.
The winners, presented with certificates –
U19 Boys Malc Arnold, U16 Boys Hatton, U13 Boys Hatton, U11 Boys Croyland U19 Girls no entry, U16 Girls Duston U13 Girls Duston, U11 Girls no entry. Teams went on to represent Northamptonshire in the next round of the competition in Grantham ( Jan.) except U19 Boys who withdrew.
Progress through the rounds has been reported but no Northants team made it through to the finals.
2. The NSTTA Individual event was held on 27 Feb 2017 at Weavers School. All age groups were represented in the competition with 69 entries received from 7 primary and 11 secondary schools. The date enabled the county/national players with their many other table tennis commitments to compete. The winners went on to represent the county at the national event at Aldersley LV on 29 April.
The Northamptonshire winners, presented with trophies -
U19 Boys – Ben Tombs, Duston U16 Boys – Ethan Ali, Hatton
U13 Boys – Alex Cochrane, B Weston U11 Boys – Rishan Ganatra, Victoria
U19 Girls – Evie Elliott, Manor U16 Girls – Bhavika Mistry, NSG
U13 Girls – Lakshmi K Hemanth, B Stopford U11 Girls – Kiera Burgess, Millway
Congratulations to Bhavika who progressed through to the semi finals and was also selected to play in the Senior Schools International event in Jersey in June.
3. Thanks again to Kevin Bird and Mike Wildman for volunteering to be Tournament Organisers on the event days and preparing the draw. Their assistance with the team and individual events is much appreciated.
4. NSTTA paid all entry fees required by ESTTA for the next rounds of both the competitions.
5. This year saw “complications” arising from very late entries to the draws and non payment where players arrived on the day to play. All were accommodated to facilitate expectations BUT despite raising invoices and passing on to schools and parents – three schools still have not made payment. Some changes for future tournaments have had to be added to our competition rules. Any school that does not wish their pupils/players to represent them cannot then play and leave NSTTA in a position of having a player able to potentially represent the county in the next round.
6. ESTTA advise this next year’s format ( 2017/18 ) etc for the events will remain the same but TTE may make changes in following years.
7. Please be advised that Wendy and I have stepped down from the committee at our recent AGM.
8. As the committee has been reduced to two officials going forward – Helen Ramsden and Andy Wood – volunteers are being sought as new officials for the NSTTA two events held in Oct/ Nov and Feb and attendance at three annual meetings. A request for assistance has been made to Greg Yarnall / Lucy Budworth TTE.
An extra ordinary meeting has been called on Wed 12 July 7.30 pm at Weavers Meeting Room to discuss the future. If you could assist your help and attendance would be very welcome
Elaine Smalley 22.5.17
REPORT FOR NCTTA MEETING 18.1.17
1. The Northants Schools Team Event was held last year at Weavers LC and the qualifying teams went on to play in the zone round in Grantham, last weekend on 14/15 January. Reports back from the schools :-
U11 Boys – Croyland primary, Steve Banister – “the Croyland boys did better than expected…the only 4 counties represented were Beds, Northants, Suffolk and Leics …. The way the boys played pleased me the most. “
U13 and U16 Boys – Sir Christopher Hatton, John Hughes – “U13 team did not qualify and the U16s won so will go through to the next round”.
U19 Boys – withdrew.
U13 Girls – withdrew.
U16 Girls – Duston, Paul Wood – “On count back the team finished 3rd in the competition but the performance was worthy of a great deal of credit considering the level of the opposition. Well done to Anna Wilson, Katie Harris, Emily steers and Hannah Wye for representing themselves and the school so well.”
U16 Hatton Boys team will go on to play in the ESTTA team regional finals on the weekend of 4/5 March.
2. The Northamptonshire Schools Individual Event will be held on Mon 27 Feb 2017, 4pm at Weavers LC. You can download the entry form below and they are also currently being circulated to schools.
The national Individual finals will be on Sat 29 April at Aldersley Leisure Village, Wolverhampton WV6 9NW
3. Thanks again to Kevin Bird and Mike Wildman for volunteering to be Tournament Organisers. Their assistance is much appreciated
Elaine Smalley 17.1.17
NSTTA REPORT - TEAM EVENT 28.11.16
The decision was made to revert the holding of the competition
back to a weekday after school event to encourage more entries.
We were pleased to have added entries from Kingswood, Corby to our event.
All age groups were contested except the U11 and U19 Girls.
Each winning team was presented with a certificate and detail of the zone finals, in Grantham January 2017, where they will go on to represent their school and Northamptonshire in the next round. Please see the photos of the winning teams who qualified to play the next round.
U11 BOYS – a round robin competition between three schools.
( Croyland, winners, St Thomas More, Runners up and Victoria )
The Croyland team – were convincing winners for their school again.
U13 BOYS – a round robin competition between three schools.
( Hatton, winners, Duston Runners up and Kingswood ) With the same match result for both Hatton and Duston against Kingswood the outcome depended on the 5-3 win for Hatton against Duston to
determine the winning team. As runners up Duston have been nominated for consideration to play the next round.
U16 BOYS – a team event between four schools. ( Hatton winners,
Malcolm Arnold runners up, Duston and Kingswood in 3rd and 4th )
As runners up Malcolm Arnold have been nominated for consideration to play the next round.
U19 BOYS – only one entry from Malcolm Arnold so they automatically qualify for the next round.
U11 GIRLS – no entry.
U13 GIRLS – only one entry from Duston so they automatically qualify for the next round.
U16 GIRLS – the event was a competition between two schools Duston and Kingswood. A very strong performance from the Duston
players provided them with a convincing win.
U19 GIRLS – no entry.
The NSTTA committee would like to thank all the schools who took part and remind players that our individual event will take place on Mon 27 Feb again at Weavers LC. Entry forms will be forwarded to schools early in the spring term.
Thanks also to our Tournament Organisers Kevin Bird and Mike Wildman.
Elaine Smalley 6.12.16
THE NORTHAMPTONSHIRE SCHOOLS INDIVIDUAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
U16 Hatton Boys team will go on to play in the ESTTA team regional finals on the weekend of 4/5 March. 2. The Northamptonshire Schools Individual Event will be held on Mon 27 Feb 2017, 4pm at Weavers LC. Please find the entry form attached to this report – the entry forms are currently being circulated to schools.
These were held at Weavers Leisure Centre on Monday 8 February and the results were:
UNDER 11 WINNER - Roberts Kraskovskis RUNNER-UP Keenan Smith
UNDER 13 WINNER - Shay Graham RUNNER-UP Kyle Ghanie
UNDER 16 WINNER Alex Ramsden RUNNER-UP Virat Patel
UNDER 19 WINNER Ben Tombs RUNNER-UP James Gardner
UNDER 11 WINNER - Swati Jethwa RUNNER-UP Charlotte Skippen
UNDER 13 WINNER - Anna Wilson RUNNER-UP Kaitlin Curt
UNDER 16 WINNER Bhavika Mistry RUNNER-UP Evie Elliott
UNDER 19 WINNER Nicole Bird RUNNER-UP -
All winners and runners-up were presented with their trophies and thanks again to Kevin Bird and Mike Wildman for volunteering to be Tournament Organisers. Their assistance is much appreciated.
The national Individual finals will be on Saturday 23 April at Aldersley Leisure Village, Wolverhampton WV6 9NW
BUTTERFLY NATIONAL SCHOOLS CHAMPIONSHIPS - REGIONAL FINALS
Congratulations to our two successful teams in the Zone Finals in Grantham on 30/31 January, the Under 13 Girls from The Duston School from Northampton and the Under16 Boys from Sir Christopher Hatton Academy in Wellingborough.
The Under 13 Girls now go on to compete in the Regional Finals in Grantham on Sunday 20 March against teams from Yorkshire, Cleveland and Merseyside.
The Under 16 Boys appearance in the Regional Finals will be in Blackburn on Saturday 19 March and they will compete against teams from Humberside, Merseyside and West Yorkshire.
Sad to report neither team were able to progress to the National Finals but well done both teams for getting so far.
U13 Boys – Hatton U13 Girls – Duston
U16 Boys – Hatton U16 Girls – no entry
U19 Boys – Duston ( withdrawn) U19 Girls – no entry
2. The Northamptonshire Schools Individual Event will be held on Mon 8 Feb 2016, 4pm at Weavers LC. There had been no specific date allocated to this event on Table Tennis England calendar and to avoid clashes of event dates for our county players NSTTA have again opted for an evening competition.
Closing date for entries 31 Jan. I have circulated entry forms but if you know players who should enter please remind them. Could the entry form also go on the county website ?
The national Individual finals will be on Sat 23 April at Aldersley Leisure Village, Wolverhampton WV6 9NW
3. Thanks again to Kevin Bird and Mike Wildman for volunteering to be Tournament Organisers. Their assistance is much appreciated.
Elaine Smalley 13.1.16