|Ethan Ali||Daniel Bain|
|Alex Cochrane||Shay Graham|
|Abin Islam||Daniel Mann|
|Manav Pandya||Dev Patel|
|Adam Wilson||Sam Wilson|
|Lakshmi Hemanth||Swati Jethwa|
NORTHAMPTONSHIRE COUNTY SQUAD 2016/17
The county coaches held a meeting on 16 June. The following was decided:
(1) The standard of our county squad must be improved as currently our players are insufficiently equipped to succeed in the County Championships. To do this we must reduce our player numbers and improve both quality and commitment.
(2) There will be one squad only in 2016/17 which will meet at Weavers Leisure Centre on the following dates:
Session 1 – 16 October 2016
Session 2 – 20 November 2016
Session 3 – 22 January 2017
Session 4 – 26 February 2017
from 9.30am to 12.30pm. The total number will be restricted to those which can be accommodated in the hall at Weavers allowing for a few who may be referred to us later for appraisal.
(3) As the squad is largely formed from the Junior Top 10s and the Cadet Top 20 those selected will be restricted to no more than the top 50% in those tournaments.
(4) Players commitment such as time spent on practice, regular league play and tournament experience will be taken into account. Regular squad attendance will also be seen as evidence of commitment.
(5) Current squad members will be informed of the new standards required and of coaching clubs/practice venues, tournaments, competitions etc. This information will be held on the county website too.
(6) Good players will be used as practice partners at the squad sessions.
County Coaching Officer