Child Protection Policy
NEWTON ABBOT TABLE TENNIS CLUB
ENGLISH TABLE TENNIS ASSOCIATION CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
The aim of this policy is to promote good practice by ensuring that all ETTA members:
- Are fully aware of their responsibilities with regard to child protection.
- Safeguard and promote the interests and well being of young people with whom they are working.
- Respond appropriately to concerns.
- Take all reasonable and practical steps to protect young people from harm, discrimination or degrading treatment.
- Respect and promote young people’s rights, wishes and feelings.
- Make informed and confident responses to child protection issues.
The ETTA Child Protection Policy and Guidelines will:
- Offer safeguards to young people, coaches, staff, officials and volunteers.
- Help to maintain high standards of professionalism and practice at all levels of the sport.
Implementation procedures that demonstrate a commitment to:
- The provision of support, appropriate training (and updating) and adequate supervision of coaches, staff and members to enable them to work together with parents, coaches and other organisations to ensure that the welfare and needs of children and young people remain paramount.
The ETTA believes in and seeks to uphold the following principles:
- The child’s welfare is paramount.
- All children and young people whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, racial origin, religious belief and/or sexual identity have the right to protection from abuse.
- Staff, officials and volunteers are not trained to decide whether abuse has occurred but are vested with the responsibility for ensuring that they act upon any concerns or allegations in relation to children/young people.
- That processes for dealing with complaints are fair and open to challenge through an appeals process.
- Require staff and volunteers to adopt and abide by the ETTA’s Child Protection Policy and Guidelines, which incorporate the ETTA’s Codes of Conduct.
The club has adopted the ETTA Child Protection Policy and Guidelines.
A copy of the guidelines is available for members to read at the club venue.
Adopted in Club Committee Meeting minutes
Signed: Dennis Gibbs Club Chairman Dated: 10th December 2013