Minutes of Meeting of the Management Committee held on Thursday 9th November 2017 commencing at 7.30pm at Lincoln Bowling Club, Lincoln
Mr. G. Tyler Chairman/EMRDC Representative/National Councillor
Mr. D Arnold General Secretary & Moran & Barry Johnson Trophy
Mrs. S Tyler Development Officer
Mr. D Worrell Treasurer
Mr. D Brown Inter Town & Umpires secretary
LINCOLN Mr. D. Arnold
GRANTHAM Mr. S.Mableson
STAMFORD Mr. R Hulka
LEAGUES NOT REPRESENTED:
SPALDING, BOSTON, GRIMSBY, SCUNTHORPE, GAINSBOROUGH
1. CHAIRMAN’S OPENING REMARKS. The Chairman again welcomed everyone to the meeting.
KEY CODE FOR ENTRY IS 52241 at the Bowling club
2. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE. Mr. P May, Mr. S Temple, Mr. R Smith, Mr. G Lacey, Mr. B Ashwell, Mr. B Reed, Mr. J Walshe
3. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING dated 19th September 2017. The minutes of the meeting were agreed as a correct record, proposed by Dennis Worrell and seconded by Simon Mableson.
4. MATTERS ARISING THEREFROM –None
5. SECRETARY’S REPORT AND CORRESPONDENCE – Nothing pertinent to the meeting which would not be later discussed in the meeting.
6. TREASURER’S REPORT
Paid in Paid Out
Grimsby Affiliation fees £350 Secs. Expenses £10
Scunthorpe Affiliation fees £170 Knight £25
Fines £30 RSSC AGM £15
Grimsby HB Bat £85 Vets Sycamore £25
Lincoln Affiliation fees £200 K Robinson Juniors £14.40
Stamford Affiliation fees £170 O 60’s £30
Gainsborough Affiliation fees £170 RSSC AGM £15
Grantham affiliation fees £230
Community Current Account £ 3810
Business Account £2161
7. COUNTY MATCHES SECRETARY’S REPORT. None was to hand. Matches were ongoing and results would appear on the national website.
8 .INTER TOWN MATCHES SECRETARY’S – dates are again:
Haigh Coronation cup – 11th February
Butlin Cup- 3rd December
Butcher Cup- 28th January
Moran Cup – 14th January
Johnson Trophy- 4th March
Entries received by closing date of 1st November, after reminders sent out to all League Secretaries and Representatives were received for all five events from Grimsby and Lincoln and from Stamford for the Moran, Butcher and Johnson events.
9. COACHING OFFICERS REPORT-. None given..
10. DEVELOPMENT OFFICER’S REPORT-she was in communication with Paul Johnson at Gainsborough regarding the possibility of county championships being held there.
An interesting point of possible interest to all towns was that Sevenoaks were running a Sunday pm two man team league involving six divisions and six teams in each division played at a central venue.
David Brown asked that it be noted that Lincoln run a regular Sunday evening league for non league players.
11. UMPIRES SECRETARY’S REPORT –three very young County Lincolnshire Umpires officiated at the Schools Games at a very high skill level.
12 National Councillors report –
Unfortunately our chairman had been unable to attend the last NC meeting held .However from the Chairman of the meeting’s report it was stated that the Council should reunite to work together and that the various issues highlighted at the AGM had not been handled very well.
The governance review group has been set up and three applicants had been interviewed for chairman of the Independent review Panel.
A choice had been made but not revealed as yet. No real progress as yet.
13. EAST MIDLANDS R.D.C. REPRESENTATIVES’S REPORT. – monies held by East Midlands had been sadly moved to Table Tennis England funds!
14. The Senior Closed Championships –A likely cost would be £180 to the County if the Championships were to be held at Gainsborough and the possibility was considered by the meeting. It was decided that Sylvia Tyler would consult with Paul Johnson regarding possible dates for the Championship , as Gainsborough could supply a very good venue, an organiser and referee ,and supply plus set up of tables and provide some availability of refreshments.
She would then consult further with our committee early in the New year, before any final decision was taken.
15. Rankings- As agreed by the last meeting and supplied also by team captains they were ratified by the meeting
COUNTY SENIOR TEAM 2017/18
1. Tom Jarvis
2. Adam Harrison
3. Matt Leete
4. Nathan Butler
5. Mark Donoghue
6. Andy Wignall
7. David Heppenstall
8. Will Hornsey
9. Liam Rowson
10. John Hancock
11. Jimmy Brewster
12. Paul Johnson
13. Sean Ward
14. Ben Rigby
1. Lesley Keast
2. Hannah Winfield
3. Darcie Proud
4. Chloe Lingard
5. Alkisti Olympiou
6. Jane Ellis
7. Alex Robinson
8. Kris Sumner
9. Divya Prabhu
Lincs veteran ranking list for the 2017/18 season is;
Men(1) Mark Donoghue (2) Andy Wignall (3) Jim Brewster (4) David Heppenstall (5) John Hancock (6) Dan Rimmer (7) Pete Mackie
(8) Clive Mitchell (9) Colin Walters.
Women (1)Lesley Keast (2) Alkisti Olympiou (3) Marilyn Bawden.
Our general secretary was to E Mail John Walshe asking for an up to date Ranking for the Juniors and Cadets.
16. A.O.B. our Chairman had some concerns regarding the tabletennis365 system of fixtures and results.
He asked which towns used the system (Grimsby, Lincoln, Stamford and Gainsborough).
It appeared that a Boston registered player ,who also plays in Lincoln had not been eligible to play his match in the Lincoln league in the first week of the season because his individual registration had not been paid by him in time for the match. The chairman was concerned that no leeway had been given by Table Tennis England and the organisers of the tabletennis365 website regarding the inadvertent failure to pay his fee until the day after the match (as he was primarily a member of Boston , the Lincoln league had not used their overall payment system which paid for all their other players).
Varies pleas to Table Tennis England and the website had not been successful.
It was agreed that minutes of Meetings and AGM minutes would now be sent out to Town colleagues in the week following any meetings as well as prior to meetings. It was likely that Minutes would be posted on the County website too.
Dates of next meeting 8/02/2018 was to be at Lincoln Indoor Bowling Club
Meeting finished at 9.30 pm