New Data Protection (GDPR) Rules with effect from 25 May 2018
The Leicester and District Table Tennis League (the League) takes the view that, as you renew your membership each year, you do so on the understanding that the League will keep you abreast of any events and will send you information pertaining to the League.
It also believes that, as a member of the League, you will be interested in Table Tennis matters.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) League Policy
· The GDPR covers the protection of Members regarding the processing of their personal data;
· The League has an obligation to protect this data;
· The League will hold Members' details securely on a database that is password-protected;
· The information held will be controlled by League officers;
· Members' details will be used to contact them regarding information pertaining to the League and their membership, as well as any table tennis matters that the Committee feels are of interest to the membership; and
· Members will be able to opt-in to any general marketing information that the League, from time to time, may circulate.
This Policy was last updated on 19 September 2018
1) About this policy
1.1 This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about our members, how we use it, how we keep it secure, and your rights in relation to it.
1.2 We may collect, use, and store your personal data, as described in this policy and as described at the point when we collect data from you.
1.3 We reserve the right to amend this policy from time to time without prior notice.
You are advised to check our section on the 365 website regularly for any amendments.
1.4 We will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when dealing with your personal data.
Further details on the GDPR can be found at the website for the Information Commissioner (www.ico.gov.uk).
For the purposes of the GDPR, we will be the ‘controller’ of all personal data we hold about you.
2) Who are we?
We are Leicester and District Table Tennis League (and can be contacted through any of the senior officers [Chairman/Vice-Chairman/General Secretary] listed on p.3 of the League handbook).
3) What information do we collect, and why?
Members’ contact details (name, date of birth, address, e-mail address, telephone numbers), for the legitimate purposes of:
· Managing the Member’s membership of the League and TTE;
· Performing the League’s contract with the member and TTE; and
· Having emergency contact information for juniors playing in the LDL.
We will assume that Members consent to the collection, storage, and usage of their information for the above purposes by being included on the relevant player registration forms submitted by their Club but the Member (or, in the case of juniors, their parent/guardian) may withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us by letter (details as at (2) above).
4) Who else has access to the information you provide us?
We will never sell your personal data.
We will not share your personal data with any third parties without your prior consent (which you are free to withhold) except where required to do so by law, or as set out above.
5) How long do we keep your information?
5.1 We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as you are a member of the League, plus for a further limited period to facilitate renewals and for as long afterwards as it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
We will review your personal data every year to establish whether we are still entitled to process it. If we decide that we are not entitled to do so, we will stop processing your personal data except that we will retain your personal data in an archived form in order to be able to comply with future legal obligations, e.g. compliance with tax requirements and exemptions, and the defence of legal claims.
5.2 We securely destroy all information once we no longer need it.
6) Your Rights
You have rights under the General Data Protection Regulations:
(a) to access your personal data
(b) to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
(c) to have your personal data corrected
(d) to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances
(e) to object to, or restrict how your personal data in processed
You have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner:
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Leicester Table Tennis League is a table tennis league affiliated to Table Tennis England.
This website is powered by Table Tennis 365.
Martin Bolton (TT365 Webmaster)
Peter Wilson (TT365 Webmaster)
Tim Cawston (General Secretary)