VICTORY CUP RULES
1. The Victory Cup knockout competition is open to all teams in the Crewe and District Table Tennis League.
2. Entry to this competition is automatic and there is no fee.
3. The competition is a team knockout handicap, the early rounds to be played during the weeks indicated in the fixture list. Any team unable to play matches during the week set aside will be scratched from the competition. The first round draw will be made by the General Secretary, who will advise teams at the earliest opportunity but one week before the first round at the latest.
4. The home team from the first round draw will entertain the away team on their normal match night or on an agreed night. The Final tie of each event will be played on a neutral table.
5. Each match will be decided on a points basis, with each of three players playing each opposing player two games of 21 up (2 clear points when 20 all) only.
6. There will be no doubles match played.
7. All registered players will be individually handicapped.
8. All players competing in the event must be registered players and have played in not less than two matches prior to the start of events.
9. No player may play for more than one team in thecompetition.
10. The highest total of points, including the handicap, will decide the winning team which will pass into the next round.
11. The away team captain will choose the order of play for the first set and thereafter the choice of order will be alternate.
12. In the event of a tie, the match will be replayed within two weeks at the opposite venue.
13. The winning team secretary will be responsible for submission of the score card to the General Secretary by the Monday following the match.
14. If score cards are not received by the General Secretary as indicated in Rule 13, the winning team will be scratched from the competition.
15. Should any dispute or problem arise, please inform the General Secretary, who will look to resolve this or take the matter up with the Executive Committee and their decision will be final.