We have secured a new venue from September 2013 – the new YMCA Sports Centre on Arle Road – and will be running two sessions on Tuesdays and Fridays, commencing on September 10.
This hall is much bigger than both the Barn and CLC Sports Hall and we will have up to 18 tables available for practice. We will also have sole use of the hall on these nights, so no more worries about footballs or basketballs suddenly coming through the dividing curtain at a crucial point in a rally. Unfortunately, the extra space does come at extra cost and the Committee have been looking at ways to avoid a big increase in membership fees this year. We will be moving 14 tables from CLC + 4 tables from the Barn into the YMCA sports centre and are looking to sell the remainder. More details below. We will be playing all league matches on a Tuesday night and initially running a 2 hour session on Friday evening for practice and coaching, looking to increase this to 2.5hrs as soon as we believe it is financially viable.
A sneak preview of the new venue can be found on the YMCA’s twitter pages:
We expect to move equipment into the hall sometime between 19 and 23 August and I will send more details out once the YMCA have confirmed a time. Any assistance from members and parents of juniors to help move equipment would be much appreciated.
Membership fees for next season will be £70 for seniors, £45 for juniors and £115 for families with any shortfall in income coming from the sale of tables and club reserves.
Some changes in the Committee were agreed at the AGM.
- Peter has stepped down from the committee and has accepted the position of Club President in recognition of the work he has done for the club over the years. He will step back from the day-to-day running of the club and will be an advisor to the new committee. We are grateful to a number of members who have volunteered their time to help out and take on some of the many roles that have been solely undertaken by Peter recently.
- I have stepped down as club secretary due to my work commitments. Natalie Greening will take over as Secretary and Robert Payne will be managing any membership issues.
- Ross Greening is stepping into Natalie’s shoes as Treasurer.
- Simon Pratten will be responsible for Equipment Sales – bats, balls etc.
- Martyn Reeves will be the club’s coaching administrator
- Phoenix He will be the League Teams co-ordinator.
- I will remain on the Committee along with Richard Gummow, helping out where we can
If anybody else feels they can help out in any way, please let the Chairman, Nick Davidson know.
We have the beginnings of a club website on TT365, thanks mainly to Jon Gaskell. The aim is for it to grow into something we can use for promoting the club and distributing news items and other information. The address is https://www.tabletennis365.com/CheltenhamTTC.
Sale of surplus tables
Available for sale are up to 5 Donic 22mm Rollaway tables, each with a net and posts, now in the Barn container, at £100 each.
Anybody interested in buying any of these tables please contact Peter Cruwys, 01242 527563 email@example.com urgently as we have prospective buyers for them. Buyer transports table.
Also available is an old, solid 1” Jaques table with wooden folding legs and 2 wheels on each half with a net and posts, for £50.
It is currently in Bournside school sports store and can be seen by arrangement with Peter Cruwys.
Dave Harvey is giving a 19 mm thick Butterfly rollaway table away. Contact him direct on 07532 047988. Again, buyer transports table. No net and posts but contact P. Cruwys, as we may have a spare set.
New rubbers, blades or bats.
This is a good time to fit new rubbers or buy a new blade or bat, shoes or clothing. Contact Simon Pratten (firstname.lastname@example.org) on 01242 696775 or 07775 862222.
The Club has a stock of 3* balls, white and orange for practice or matches. Only 50p each. Contact Simon.