Welcome to the 2016-17 season.
This season the overall number of teams in the league remains at 23. However the number of 3 player teams has decreased to 15. In the 3 Player League we have 7 teams in Division 1 and 8 in Division 2 who will again play each other 3 times on the normal league basis.
In view of the smaller number of teams we are to introduce a Division 1 & 2 knock out cup competition.
The 2 Player Division has seen an increase to 8 teams so they will now operate a normal league basis for the full season and will play each other 3 times.
It is important that matches should be played as scheduled. If a postponement does become essential please try to fix a re-arranged date (which can be before the original match date) as soon as possible.
The tabletennis365 website continues to improve and develop and we will continue to publish fixtures, results, individual averages and league tables on the site. The ability to print a team’s fixtures for the entire season is particularly useful.
Please also note that:-
- Players are requested to wear dark coloured clothing when playing all matches.
- All table tennis rubbers used in League play must appear on the ITTF approved list (see www.ittf.com or the link from the Table Tennis England website).
- All players need to be individually registered with Table Tennis England before they play league matches and can do this via the Membership section of the Table Tennis England website.
- There was another strong entry for our 2015/16 individual Championships across all age groups and genders and we hope for a repeat this season. We have a confirmed booking of 26 February 2017 for our tournament at the Dome at King Edward V1 High School, Bury St Edmunds. The entry form is included in the middle of this handbook. Entry fees remain at the 2015/16 level and the maximum cost of £10 for the day still provides very good value.
- Our Bury Free Press and Saffrons Shield Team Handicap competitions will again also be played at King Edward V1 High School on the Tuesdays of the weeks specified in the handbook. Both events will be on a 2 player per team basis. We will contact team secretaries in early 2017 to see if they wish to be included in the draw.
- We require three further League Committee members to achieve a full complement. If you are able to help please contact me or any other member of the committee (see overleaf).
- We will continue to submit reports to newspaper editorial teams to improve local press coverage and to attempt to attract others to take up table tennis. We have again selected one featured match per division each week which is denoted by an “R” on the fixture list and ask the home captain to provide a report to Bob Harman by e-mail.