Commitment: Two weekends;
Location: One weekend at Nottingham and one weekend at Huddersfield.
Salary: Voluntary role (Travel expenses, accommodation* and meal allowance covered).
Background: The British League is the premier table tennis club competition in the British Isles, consisting of over 200 teams from clubs across England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales and the Channel Islands. The Women’s British League (WBL) uses a tiered divisional structure, from premier to division 5, made up of 36 teams and played across 18 tables. Junior, senior and veterans’ elements complete the overall British League landscape.
The British League are seeking a press officer to manage the report writing of WBL competition in the 2016/17 season. Responsibilities include:
- Attendance at 2 x WBL weekends; 1st/2nd October 2016 at Nottingham & 4th/5th February 2017 at Huddersfield.
- Publish all WBL previews and reports on British League website.
- Conduct player/coach interviews/soundbites at the event/over telephone.
- Live tweeting from British League twitter account on event days.
- Develop and utilise relationships with local media, inviting them to attend WBL events.
- Work closely with official event photographers, the British League committee and the Table Tennis England Senior Communications Officer.
- Keen interest in writing, media, reporting and journalism.
- Experience in reporting and writing, whether in education or work.
- Knowledge and understanding of table tennis rules and the clubs involved in the WBL.
- Pro-active attitude.
- Willingness to travel and work weekends.
- Ability to conduct short interviews.
- Good knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Word, Twitter, Facebook.
How to apply
Please go to the following link and complete your details, remembering to select this role.
A member of Table Tennis England or the British League will be in touch. Interviews may be required.