Commitment: 2 weekends
Location: Derby Arena, Derbyshire.
Salary: Voluntary role (Travel expenses, accommodation* and meal allowance covered)
Background: The British League is the premier table tennis club competition in the British Isles, consisting of over 200 teams from clubs across England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales and the Channel Islands. The Junior British League (JBL) is the largest single event governed by Table Tennis England, boasting 76 teams and 37 competition tables. Several tiered divisions, for both boys and girls teams, including a Premier Divison, makes up the JBL structure. The remainder of the British League landscape is made up of senior, veterans’ and women’s elements.
The British League are seeking an official photographer for JBL competitions in the 2016/17 season. Responsibilities include:
- Attendance at 2 x JBL weekends; 22nd/23rd October 2016 & 21st/22nd January 2017, both at Derby Arena.
- Take professional photographs of the event, including presentations, as per brief from event organiser.
- Provide a small sample of photos, electronically, on the day to the event press officer for the report.
- Upload photographs to Flickr within 48 hours of the event.
- Work closely with official event Press Officer, the British League committee and the Table Tennis England Senior Communications Officer.
- Keen interest and experience in photography.
- Knowledge and understanding of table tennis and etiquette.
- Own or have access to professional photography equipment, such as camera and software.
- Pro-active attitude.
- Willingness to travel and work weekends.
How to apply
Please go to the following link and complete your details, remembering to select this role.
A member of Table Tennis England or the British League will be in touch. Interviews may be required.