BRADFORD & DISTRICT TABLE TENNIS ASSOCIATION

 

TO ALL CLUB SECRETARIES – CIRCULAR NO.9 – 2017/2018

 

1.         DEVELOPMENT

 

Development with Heaton Tennis & Squash Club is ongoing. Committee agreed upon the revised rental figures for the first three years, and subsequently submitted to Heaton as part of the negotiations. Heaton responded that they require £7,000 per year fully inclusive with the offer of the first three months rent free. A counter offer had been proposed in the Committee meeting, and to be submitted to Heaton again at the earliest opportunity.

 

A potential issue with the studio’s dimension being too small was raised and duly discussed in the Committee meeting. A few different table setups were suggested. Committee will continue to assess this matter and report back.

 

Committee would like to thank Peter Warner (President) for the effort he put in to drive this development forward, which has been a long and at times, difficult process.

 

You will continue to be kept informed of developments through this circular.

 

 

 

Shin Ng

General Secretary

May 2018

 

2.         TROPHIES

 

The Committee kindly remind all Club secretaries to return the trophies to themselves or any member of the Committee. The following are the outstanding trophies yet to be returned.

 

Trophy

Won by

Received and signed by

Division 2 Averages

Richard Aitken

Doug Bartle

Men’s Doubles

Deo Jones / Mark Bleakley

John Rawnsley

Men’s Singles

Deo Jones

Tony Lupton

Veteran Singles

Mark Bleakley

Tony Lupton

 

 

Shin Ng

General Secretary

May 2018

TO ALL CLUB SECRETARIES – CIRCULAR NO.8 – 2017/2018

 

1.         DEVELOPMENT

 

Development with Heaton Tennis & Squash Club is ongoing. Our solicitor joined the committee meeting on 9 April. He had gone through and explained the amended version of the “Subject to Contract and Subject to Lease” document with the committee. Committee felt that the asking lease fee is out of the association’s budget. Our solicitor had volunteered to negotiate with Heaton club via their solicitor. However he requires some parameters from the committee in order for him to carry out the negotiation.

 

Committee has been tasked to provide these parameters, which is to be deduced from a projected maximum income to be generated from the new venue at Heaton club.

Committee also think that the association should be given a preferential lease rate for the first two or three years, given the amount of money association has to commit up front.

 

You will continue to be kept informed of developments through this circular.

 

2.         ALTERATION TO RULES

 

Phil Cawser (Dewsbury Tog) proposed the following rule changes

 

RULE CHANGE 1

 

A player in any competition must play a minimum number of games (e.g. 4 in a season) for their results to qualify; and must be registered to play by a team by 31 December, no exception.

 

RULE CHANGE 2

 

Rule 33 (b) to say that a re-arranged match must be played preferably within two weeks and within a maximum of three weeks, no exceptions.

 

That is more than enough time to circumvent most emergencies, and requires reasonable efforts by both teams to resolve quickly.

 

In particular, it prevents a mockery being made of the general scheduling of matches and provides  clarity later in the season about how any race to the title is progressing.

 

Any amendment you have for either of the 2 proposed rule changes above must reach the General Secretary by 30 April 2018.

 

3.         AWARDS

 

The Committee is pleased to report the following:-

Ø  Jane Milward (Baildon TTC) has won a Table Tennis England National Volunteer of the Year Award. Peter Warner (President) presented Jane with her award at the committee meeting on 9 April.

Ø  Sally Shutt (Development Officer) has been promoted to Vice President of Table Tennis England.

Congratulations to both Jane and Sally.

 

4.         SUMMER LEAGUE 2018

 

Players who would like to play in the Summer League this year please contact Phil Craven on 01274 780469. The format will be the same as last year based on the Handicap System used for the Theobould Trophy.

 

Details will be published on the Hermits website: http://hermitsttc.co.uk/contacts.html

 

 

 

Shin Ng

General Secretary

April 2018

TO ALL CLUB SECRETARIES – CIRCULAR NO.7 – 2017/2018

 

1.         AWARDS

The Committee is pleased to report the following:-

Ø  Jane Milward (Baildon TTC) has won a Table Tennis England National Award

Ø  Peter Thompson (Bradford Council) has won the PING! personality of the year award

Congratulations to both Jane and Peter.

 

2.         DEVELOPMENT

Development with Heaton Tennis & Squash Club is continuing.  We have had prepared a ‘Subject to Contract and Subject to Lease document’ through our solicitor,  who has kindly agreed to make no charge for his services for the time being.  The Committee discussed this document at length at the meeting on 13 April.  The amended version will now be submitted to the Heaton Club for consideration.  

 

As things stand the current development proposal would use up all our development capital and cost us, an as yet to be agreed, monthly lease.  The Committee therefore discussed and agreed the need to raise money towards the Development and discussed fundraising and donations. All members of the Association will be receiving a letter in due course outlining suggestions and asking members for their ideas.

 

You will continue to be kept informed of developments through this circular.

 

THIS CIRCULAR AND ALL FUTURE CIRCULARS WILL ALSO BE PUBLISHED ON THE WEBSITE.

 

3.         LONG SERVICE AWARDS

The Committee discussed the YTTA Long Service Awards which are given for 25 plus years of service to table tennis within our Association.  The following have been recommended to YTTA:-

Peter Warner, Martin Jackson, Chris Town, Helen Shields, Les Packer, Richard Priestley.

 

4.         ALTERATION TO RULES

*      Reminder - Please let me know of any proposed changes to the rules no later than Saturday 31 March 2018.

 

Committee proposed Alteration to Rules.

The Committee proposes to further amend Rule 26 as follows:-

Ø  2nd Para – delete the remaining sentence ‘Players registered and playing in the Association shall be eligible to play in the Associations Closed Championships provided they have played a minimum of 50% of possible league matches’

This sentence was omitted last year in error.

The Committee proposes a new rule as follows:-

To qualify for inclusion in the League Averages each season, a player must have played 66% of possible matches and have gained an average of 50% or above.

This has been a convention for as long as can be remembered and this rule would confirm the long standing practice.

 

Any amendment you have for either of the 2 proposed rule changes above must reach the General Secretary by 30 April 2018.

 

5          NOMINATIONS FOR THE FRANK BRIGGS TROPHY

Please find nomination form included.

 

6.         NOMINATION OF OFFICERS AND ELECTED MEMBERS

Please find enclosed Nomination Form included.

 

Both the above forms must be submitted to the General Secretary no later than 1 May 2018

 

7.         CUP FINALS

The Burton Cup final and the Tony Theobould Trophy final will be held on Wednesday 25 April at Hermits TTC.

 

 

Martin Jackson

March 2018

Last Updated:
Share This Page