About this Policy
1. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about our members and coaches, how we use it and how we keep it secure and your rights in relation to it. Our System is different from your registration with Table Tennis England and Data you supply to them. Some questions will be voluntary and you need not answer them if you do not wish to but our reason for asking is outlined in the table below
4. We will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when dealing with your personal data. Further details on the GDPR can be found at the website for the Information Commissioner (https://ico.org.uk). For the purposes of the GDPR, we will be the “controller” of all personal data we hold about you.
5. You have the right to ask for all information to be deleted when ceasing to play in The B&DTTL
6. We will ask you to renew permission every year on the entry form.
How we protect your personal data
1. We will not send, sell or transfer your Data outside of the requirements of the normal administration of the League.
2. We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration.
3. When sending e-mails to our members we will not disclose their e-mail address to any other members, they will be sent as Blind e-mails..
4. All general e-mails will be sent by the Secretary and other Executive Committee members will only communicate on a one to one basis on specific queries.
Who else has access to the information you provide to us?
Only Table Tennis England who already have this information and more from your individual membership.
How long do we keep your information?
We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as you are a member of the B&DTT League. When you leave the League you can ask us to delete all your information.
Your rights under the GDPR:
1. To access your personal data held by the B & D TT League
2. To be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
3. To have your personal data corrected
4. To have your personal data erased, if requested, when you cease playing in the B&DTT League
You have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner: “https://ico.org.uk/concerns/” Tel 0303 123 1113.
Information Commissioner's Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
The following table shows the information we request, some of which is essential and some is your choice.
So we may Identify you and register you in our League.
Table Tennis England Number *
We must have the TTE number as this is their requirement before you are allowed to play in our affiliated league No unregistered players are allowed to play in B&DTTL.
Date of Birth *
Needed for reporting to TTE and some of our events held during the season.
E-Mail Address *
Enables us to send you e-mails of all activities of the League, ( AGM dates, league start dates, tournaments, Cup events and any other news that could be of interest ) This will be far better than just sending to team secretaries who sometimes do not send on information to their team members.
Telephone Contact Number
Enables us to contact you quickly if matches are cancelled at short notice or change of venue.
Permission to use Pictures
We would like to increase the number of pictures in the handbook and on the website. This encourages more players and better competitions.
Required Information is marked with an * and highlighted in Red